Amp wiring??? Gauge size?????

I have a 800watt lanzar 2 channel and 2 600 watt 12" american pro subs. i have the amp wired from my fuse box right now. should i wire it from my battery to get max performance? what size of wire should i use 8 or 10 gauge? is this a good system. i'm going to get a Rockford Fosgate Punch 401S amp. would that be better than the one i have? can i bridge both the subs to one channel or will that ruin my amp? Please help me.

may-nee-ak
you really need to go to the battery w/ the power wire...it draws too much current to run it were you have it, it could mess something up!!!

if its a 800 watt lanzar the im guessing they rate in max power not rms so its prolly a 400 watt or less amp bridged at 4 ohms or ...

what model amp is the lanzar??? and what impedence are your subs and are they rated rms or max???

10 ga. might do but i would go with an 8 ga. kit (u can get one for like $20-25) and make sure u have an inline fuse on the power wire to the amp.

i have never heard american pros and i dont know how they rate their stuff ,but you are most likely sending them a clipped signal with a that small of an amp, even if the subs are 300 watts rms.
Find and amp that will match your subs rms rating.

Username: Josh_heller

Post Number: 7
dont worry about new wiring, tony, get new equipment! your stereo consists of total cra p! I recomment Jl audio, infinity, phoenix gold.

Username: Glasswolf

Post Number: 327
proper cable gauge guide:
http://www.the12volt.com/info/recwirsz.asp
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us