Subs Not working SOS

Username: Hooptown

Post Number: 1
Okay well yall are going to have to bear with me because i have a big box in my trunk, assuming its a sub or an amp i dont know the difference. Im an 18 year old girl and i moved out of home due to family issues so its not like i can just ask my dad because he usually knows what to do. Can anyone give me any advice? it was fine until this morning and when i went to warm my car up i realized that there was little bass which is not good because my car normally like shakes. Please help thank you!

Gold Member
Username: Joe1234

Post Number: 2012
Well you need to know your system first, the sub or subs are in the box, the amp will likely be mounted on the box or mounted near the box inside the trunk.

If there's still cone movement in the sub or subs probably those are still ok.

Would help if you can list your components; head unit, amp, sub or subs.

Username: Hooptown

Post Number: 2
Okay i got with a friend that helped me with some of this and so the sub is not moving at like all when im playing music. He doesnt think the amp is blown and that it may be the ground wire? what in the world do i do about that???

Gold Member
Username: Joe1234

Post Number: 2014
Would be better to know the amp model but anyways most amps have lights on them, usually there's two labeled as follows:

1) Power.
2) protect mode (or something like that).

So when the system is on and playing lights status can be as follows:

a) both lights off - power lines loose (either +12V or ground) or blown fuse or "remote on" line loose.

b) both light on - amp has entered protect due to internal failure or external cause.

c) power light on, protect light off - amp is working normally.

This (usually) should give you an idea on the status of the amp. If everything seems good with it you will need to check the sub.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us