4ohm load to dvc infinity's

Bronze Member
Username: Smokeit

Ft worth, Texas

Post Number: 91
i got the 1232 for a good price and wiring them to mono amp. its just some temporary tunes until i can get brahmas. i was told they can handle 400 rms and every1 i talk 2 is suggesting i wire them in 1ohm load but that will blow my subs. how do i wire in 4ohm if they are in a double chamber eclosed box but there are no openings inside to run wires except for the ports.

Silver Member
Username: Jayj

Louisiana USA

Post Number: 322
Smokeit just because they can be wired down to 1ohms don't mean your going to blow them. What kind of amp will you be using??

Silver Member
Username: Jayj

Louisiana USA

Post Number: 323
Smoke you can drill a hole in the divider and run your wire though the hole then fill in around the wire with silicone. Your wiring is going to depend on your amp. If your isn't 1ohm stable then you best not wire it down that low. if it will then you can wire then fine. You want blow the subs maybe the amp if it isn't stable at 1ohms. What kind of amp are you using??

Bronze Member

Ft worth, Texas

Post Number: 92
ok im sorry i have explained in several threads i have a dei 1100d which is 1ohm stable but it will put out like 1100watts it is 475 at 4ohms and the subs i have are 350rms

Bronze Member

Ft worth, Texas

Post Number: 93
the amp has 2 pos 2 neg for subs. can some one tell me how to run dvc in 2 ohm load per sub or do the subs have to be linked together

Bronze Member
Username: Skinn

Post Number: 15
First of all your amp is a class D subwoofer amp. The two pos and two neg terminals on the amp are just wired together inside the amp. If your subs are dual 4 ohm this is what you need to do. You will want to wire each sub up in parallel to get your 2 ohm load. You achieve that by hooking the two positives together and than hooking the two negatives together. You should be able to do that inside the box and only have two wires come out from each side. When you hook it up to the amp though you will have to run in in series to get the ohms back up to 4. Don't just hook each set of speaker wires up to each set of terminals on the amp because your amp will see a 1 ohm load, "I guess that's what you didn't want". Now that you just have one positive and one negative coming from each speaker you will need to hook up the positive from one sub and hook the negative from the other sub to the amp. The other two wires left should be a negative from one sub and a positive from the other. Now just hook those two wires together and you should be set.

Bronze Member

Ft worth, Texas

Post Number: 94
ok
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us