How to power my amp in my house?

Username: Roberto_cruz

Post Number: 1
I have a Pioneer GM-520T with 2 MA Audio 500 Watt subs and i want them to work at my house but how can i power my amp without it turning off every time i turn the volume up?

Gold Member
Username: Illuminator

USA

Post Number: 5150
You need a really big power supply. Tenma and Astron are my favorites. They offer 30A-50A supplies that can be had for relatively cheap prices off ebay.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ASTRON-RM-50-50-AMP-RACK-MOUNT-POWER-SUPPLY-/260605005461?cm d=ViewItem&pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3cad44ce95 }}

Platinum Member
Username: Glasswolf

Post Number: 13694
The only safe, and reliable way to power a car amplifier in a house is with a high current power converter.
This is a power supply designed to convert 120VAC to 12VDC (or 13.8VDC) and sustain high current output (usually 100A or so)
They cost about $400-500+

The use of a car battery or computer power supply etc to power a car amp is dangerous and can easily start a fire, or produce invisible, odorless gases that are highly toxic.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 13695
http://www.cascadeaudio.com/power_converters/power_converters.htm

600 watt model, $230.00

Username: Roberto_cruz

Post Number: 2
Or what could be a better and cheaper idea to have a nice bass sound? all i need is the subwoofers because i have the mid and high sounds but not that much of the lows.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 13702
just buy a powered subwoofer for home audio, or build your own with any sub, an enclosure, and a plate amplifier for subs from a site like www.parts-express.com

One gentleman on this board has a plate amp with a home built enclosure and a Fi Q18 for his home audio. It's impressive.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us