Good 4-Channel Amp for component speakers

Bronze Member
Username: Gdogg21

Forest Grove, Oregon U.S.A.

Post Number: 24
Currently I have an Eclipse EA3422 4 channel amp running 2 sets of JL TR650-CSi components, 1 set in the soundbar and 1 set in the front in custom made kick pannel pods of my Jeep Wrangler. I just bought a set of Focal 165VR uv to replace the JL's in the front and i am thinking the Focal's deserve a better amp. Any suggestions on a 4 channel amp? I was looking into the Zapco I-4100 since it is 4x100 RMS into 4 ohms. Which is a little above the JL's but right in the middle for the Focals. I was also reading into the Alpine MRP-F600. Looking to spend between $300 to $400 to get a good solid quality amp, with good SQ. How would either of these amps work for my setup? Is there any other suggestions for a 4-channel amp in that price range? If it helps, I'm also going to be running a Pioneer P5700 HU and a set of 10" MOJO's in a custom ported box tuned at 37hrz off a Merlin MD3D. Thanks in advance,

--Royce

Username: Desmo4usa

Modesto, CA USA

Post Number: 6
Precision power and Focal have some good quality amps as well. I would recommend bi-amping the Focals. Focal seems to think their passive crossovers are the greatest. But I have found my amps active crossovers are superior in every way. I am using an old Phoenix gold Ti 475 which has 4 Linkwitz Riley 24 db/octave crossovers.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 25
well given that it's in my wrangler would this still be a good idea since i'm very limited on space? And what would you recommend for running the rear channel? Thanks.

Modesto, CA USA

Post Number: 8
Alpine has some very small and powerful amps. They have 4 channel 100 watt per channel that will fit.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 26
The Alpine MRP-F600 is an amp i was looking into. I was trying to compare it to the Zapco amp. I think the Alpine would fit better since it's only 15 x 9.5, and my current Eclipse amp is only 10.82 x 10.82 and it fits pretty good. The Zapco amp is 17.5 x 10.75 so i don't know that i can get another 7 inches of room. I just want to make sure I get a quality amp that sounds good. I'm open to any brand and want to buy it new. So dealers or websites are appreciated too. I bought my Focal's from woofersetc.com and had a good experience with them, although a week later i saw the same Focal speakers for $80 cheaper so i thought maybe it was a little bit overpriced.

Modesto, CA USA

Post Number: 9
A friend of mine has the Alpine I suggested, he is an audiophile so I am pretty sure it is good quality. He has heard my Focals which are K2P's and was so impressed he went out and bought a pair. My 165-K2P's listed for $1100 and I found an LA dealer going out of business who sold them to me for under $600. So I would find an Alpine dealer and listen to your head unit through there amp and then make a decision. Then search the internet.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 27
Ok, what was the model number of the Alpine you were suggesting?

Bronze Member
Username: Xxemoxx

Hermosa beach, Cali

Post Number: 17
I loved my older alpine V-12 as well. Also i love my JL 300/4 and the 300/2 all are very good with SQ and well within your price range.

Modesto, CA USA

Post Number: 10
My system and my friend's are both in Honda S2000's so space is a big concern. He is using a P 400 Alpine but there is room for 2 of them in the "S" If you have more space go with more power. I like Precision Power since they have 24 db/octave crossovers built in.

Silver Member
Username: 2000celica

Roanoke, VA U.s.

Post Number: 177
A friend of mine has a JL 300/4 just sitting around in great condtion. Pretty sure he said he wanted $150 for it.

Bronze Member

Modesto, CA USA

Post Number: 11
You have to listen to it before you make a decision. When I was getting my system installed the Phoenix 475 ti was not in stock so the dealer loaned me a Phoenix Gold. When the 475 ti arrived the difference was immediate and incredible. And I have had it almost 10 years.

Silver Member
Username: Johammbass

IRL

Post Number: 777
A great amp for the money:

http://www.woofersetc.com/p6989/PA4100--Nakamichi-4-Ch-800-Watt-Sound-Quality-Am plifier.htm

Or you could consider 2 of these, they are on sale, a massive value:

http://www.woofersetc.com/p6856/FD-2200--ARC-Audio-2-Channel-370-Watt-Amplifier. htm

Or this one:

http://www.woofersetc.com/p6862/KS-3004--ARC-Audio-4-Channel-700-Watt-Amplifier. htm

Or this:

http://www.woofersetc.com/p5741/I4100--Zapco-4Channel-600-Watt-Amplifier-with-Cr ossover-and-Remote-Bass-Knob.htm

All of those are very nice amps.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 28
Ok thanks for all the great ideas and replies. I think I'm going to go on another search and see which of these amps I can give a listen too now that I have a better idea of some quality amps in the price range. Thanks guys.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us