Amp compatibility help

Username: Tkcameron

Post Number: 1
I have two 12" inch subwoofers these models;
http://www.crutchfield.com/p_130TSW301R/Pioneer-TS-W301R.html?tp=111&tab=feature s_and_specs
I have a 300Watt amp, this model;
http://www.pioneer.eu/eur/products/archive/GM-3200T/index.html
My problem is that the amp will not put out full sound from the sub woofers, i've tried hooking up just one to the amp but the amp will not even power one, The only thing it does is put out slight vibration in the box if you touch it. To double check if the subwoofers were working I hooked up a friends 1500W Power Acoustik Farenheit Q2-1500 amp and the subwoofers put out full sound, there for it is the 300Watt amp and the set up itself is hooked up correctly, the person who i purchased the setup said it worked and they used it, so my question is why is the amp not powering the subwoofers, could it be the fuse,ground, or based on specifics are the 300Wat amp and two subs not compatible?

Gold Member
Username: Subfanatic

Ky

Post Number: 4839
well that amp is only giving each sub 60 watts each RMS if thats not enough it may not move the subs but there should still be SOME pounding even with just that so maybe double check your wiring and/or take your friends amp and hook it up in your car to your wires and see if it works instead of putting your subs in his car(as id expect you did, its easier)

well go from there

Username: Audionumb

Post Number: 4
might try looking at your gains for one and look at your crossover on that amp. Just out of 10 years of car audio experience, look for simple solutions rather than major work. Bass signals tend to sound better from different subs at different frequencies, ie. 15" subs can realistically hit 30hz and still be clear. Conversely 10" subs sound "muddy" that low. I prefer 12's because you can box them to hit 37hz ported or seal the box for hard hitting typically at 43 to 47hz-that is where your bass boost or epicenter is. Epicenter is what the "old School" bass boost was called, but IS the ideal frequency for a subwoofer. I am guessing you got this stuff at walmart IMO Wal mart is not the best placeto purchase stereo equipment. your enclosure may be faulty as well. IN my younger years I had the stupid experience of a sony xplod 12 in the wrong enclosure. Granted, Sony sux rox, but I used it. The sub would "cutout" at higher gain settings.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us