Help wiring 2nd amp

jamie
Unregistered guest
hi guys need sum help with this,ive already got a boss 4chl amp installed running my sub and rear door speakers.i now have another 4 chl amp which i want to run the front door speakers and possibly another sub in the future.is it possible to wire this amp the same as the 1st? if thats ok wot is the best way to wire it to the head unit? wud i also have any trouble with the alternater,with the extra power needed?

Bronze Member
Username: Jiggaman3105

Post Number: 15
first of all, yes it is ok but not the smartest. use one 4ch amp to run all of ur speakers, presumably four of them correct? then with the more high powered 4 ch amp, bridge the chennels to get two channels and run two subs with them. since ull be adding another sub later, just wire one sub to one bridged side, taking care of ur wiring impedences. another thing, is in order to wire the amps to the head unit, u need to make sure that there are 3 pairs of rca outputs. if u only have, say 2, pairs on the headunit, which i would assume is an aftermarket one, u would need to run both pairs to the 4ch running the speakers, and if there are pre-outs on that amp, run those to the 4ch sub amp. if u only hav one pair of preouts on the deck, do this in the same manner but only one pair to the 4ch speaker amp. this way, u wouldnt be able to control fader. but this whole scenario depends on many factors. and with the alternator, u should be fine. only if ur voltage drops all the time, get a capacitor.

jamie
Unregistered guest
most helpful,cheers!! just 1 other thing,the rem amp wire to the head unit.can i just loop another connection 2 the 2nd amp?

Bronze Member
Username: Hairball

City of Angels

Post Number: 70
yes, no problem looping (daisy-chain) the rem amp wire to the 2nd amp. This is a second wire from the 1st amp to the 2nd amp.

Bronze Member
Username: Sublime053

Post Number: 11
hi i am also adding a second amp to my system, just wondering if the power wire should be as short as possible from the 1st to 2nd amp? or does that not matter for the power wires?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us