Thermal Rating Question?

Bronze Member
Username: Deadman

Kirksville, MO USA

Post Number: 12
I have 2 12" L7's, dual 4-ohm. The dual 4-ohms were 60 bucks cheaper than the dual 2-ohms. I wanted to use my BD1000.1 which is 2-ohm stable. I went ahead and wired the subs in series/parallel to get a 4-ohm load.

The problem is I'm getting only 250rms to each sub. Is that enough power? I know the voice coil thermal rating is 750rms.

Do I need a bigger amp? I want to get the most out of my subs.

If I go with a bigger amp i'll try to sell my BD1001 and get a Hifonics BX1000D or a BX1500D depending on what I hear about power from this thread. Because their cheap and 1-ohm stable.

Thanks for all the help fellas

Anonymous

250watts RMS is OK for them but if you really want to most from them then yeah you are going to need a lot bigger amp.

Anonymous

250watts RMS is OK for them but if you really want to most from them then yeah you are going to need a lot bigger amp.

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 3314
ideal amp for those two subs is the Kicker 02KX1200.1
eBay has new ones for about $425.
it's a monoblock 1 ohm stable amp that delivers 1200 watts @ 1 ohm.
that'd be 600wRMS per sub in parallel.
great pearing there.

Bronze Member

Kirksville, MO USA

Post Number: 13
$425 is a little too expensive after I bought my subs. Can you give me another option on an amp that would give it 1200rms at 1-ohm. I'd like to stick to around $300 plus or minus.

Anonymous

deadman why not just hold what you got for now and save a little more money then get one? You will be a lot more happy that you waited in the long run.

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 3324
JBL BP1200.1
$280 US

if you go with a ported box, you'll need to spend another $20 for FMOD infrasonic filters (20Hz high-pass)

Bronze Member

Kirksville, MO USA

Post Number: 14
The Jbl is only 2-ohm stable I'll have the same problem with it as I do with the BD1001. What do you think about Hifonics, Wolf? I can get a 1500rms amp for under 270.

Anonymous

NO JBL 600.1 and JBL 1200.1 are both 1 ohm sable go to JBLs website and look them up.

Silver Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 230
It is 1 ohm stable. Trust us.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us