Which JL amp to run a pair of 12" JL W7's?

Username: Angelofdeath132

Iowa Usa

Post Number: 6
the subject is pretty self explanitory, kinda new to the amp and sub world and still not sure about alot of it, would a JL 1000/1 be appropriate for a pair of 12" W7's? if not could i have some advice? thanks for the help!

Iowa Usa

Post Number: 7
how about just 1 12" w7? i know what i want, just not sure what it takes to get it. make sense? want an amp and sub(s) setup that will blow the trunk lid off of my '97 monte carlo. any suggestions please?

Username: Joe718

Post Number: 10
you can use the 1000/1 in a series parallel configuration. It should really pound

Iowa Usa

Post Number: 8
series parallel?? is that for one or two w7's?

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 3238
JL 1000/1 for a pair of 12W7s
JL 500/1 for a single 12W7

both of the above setups will provide 500wRMS per sub

Iowa Usa

Post Number: 9
thanks everyone for the help, unfortunately, after pricing a pair of 12w7's and a 1000/1 amp i'm gonna have to rethink my options:-( and go to plan B: a pair of RF 12"dvc's 100-400 rms 2ohm. want to go with a RF amp to power them. any suggestions on an amp that will pound those subs?

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 3249
did you consider a pair of 12W6v2 JL subs instead?
cheaper, and still fantastic subs.. some put them almost on par with the W7 line.
They also take about 500 watts each, but your amp choices are a bit mroe open since I believe the W6v2 comes in 2 ohm instead of 3 ohm.

Username: Carmack

Post Number: 3
Hey wait and buy a pair of w7, thas's Loudest!!!

I have One 12W7_3 with a Kicker KX800.2 ($550), and the sound is fine and loud to 2/4 of Gain of the amp... If later you can money...buy de JL 1000/1...

Username: Jiggaman3105

Post Number: 5
just save up some money(alot) and buy one 13W7 and a 1000/1. now that knocks! its a match made in heaven, aka JL headquarters. i would know because i've just recently put that setup into my new civic.

Silver Member
Username: Its_bacon12

Post Number: 643
JBL bp1200.1 is also a nice alternate amp for a pair of 12w7's

Username: Demigod33

Post Number: 10
audiobahn 1206t

is all you need

now, a amp to power it.......

Audiobahn sucks
Unregistered guest
audiobahn sucks big time

Bronze Member

Post Number: 18
really, what sub where you moving and what YEAR

Anonymous

AUDIOBAHN IS ALL LOOKS DEMI AND BAD SQ if you even know what SQ means.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 21
again what audiobahn model are you refer'n to?

i have a jl 12w7> jl/1000

i brought this audiobahn 1206t because people talk about it all the time and i want to find out
for myself

it is not that much of a different> jl hit hard and audiobahn 1206t sq is sweeter

Silver Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 264
You obviously haven't had it for too long. They are made poorly, are overrated in terms of power, and all those flames just look g@y as hell. As far as sound quality goes, I have yet to find an Audiobahn sub that will compete with all the acclaimed "super woofers" out there, yes, that's any model Audiobahn, not just the Circuit City crap. Around here, people roll up all the time in their cars trying to show off with Flame Q's, only to get their a$$ handed to them. The "Super Woofers" I'm referring to are JL Audio W7's, Image Dynamics ID MAX v3, Eclipse Titanium, Adire Audio Brahmas, Resonant Engineering X.X.X., Elemental Designs, etc. Maybe you're a rare case that actually think's they can compare, but I wouldn't put Audiobahn in the same sentence as all the other brands I've listed except for this topic.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us