02 mustang 5x7 problem (cuts out), please help!!!!

Username: Mustangconvertible2002

Post Number: 1
2002 mustang convertible
For the front 5x7. I had a 160 watt speakers, but they could not handle the bass, they buzzed and sounded distorted. I just installed 250 watt speakers, they handle the bass and sound good, then they make a quick cracking sound then shut off for a bit(both at the same time), as I turn up the volume.

http://www.alpine-usa.com/US-en/products/product.php?model=SPS-57C2

I have a Mach system with a 6 cd head. I do not have the 1000 or 460. It just says Mach on the tweak by the door mirror. It looks like there is some sort of amp behind the deck and two amps, one on either side of the hydraulic pump in the rear, just behind the rear seat.

Is it the amp? What can I do? Can I rig something? Should I replace the one amp? What? Thanks

please post here

Silver Member
Username: Kpa2727

Post Number: 530
ur speakers to much for the amp reguardlesss if it's a amp or hu. i say this u didn't need to get rid of the 160 watts u should of just amped them. but 250 watt at least i hope your doing this on rms not peak power of the speaker. anyway like i was saying amp them this way u can control thier level and how high they go with the amp gains, rather then the hu. just am them with a new amplifier set the gains decently and for god sake use the high pass filter. that will eliminate most of the bass from the speakers and alow the woofers to do thier work.

Gold Member
Username: 04redmach1

Columbus, GA USA

Post Number: 1207
When dealing with he Mach 460 system, if you change ANYTHING, you best go ahead and replace headunit, speakers, and new aftermarket amp. Once you start having problems with it, it will continue and get worse.

Kevin

Username: Mustangconvertible2002

Post Number: 4
The soultion is to link the two speakers together, bridge then, link in series.

Bronze Member
Username: Sqcheap

Grand rapids, Michigan Usa

Post Number: 54
Sounds like the ohm load is not right for the amp and it is shutting down. What Kevin said, I have heard that before.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us