H.O. Altenator??

Silver Member
Username: Motomattic3

Post Number: 535
I currently own a 93 ford probe 2.0L 4cyl.(stock alt is 80amp) but will be doing a swap for a 93 2.5L 6cyl(stock alt is 90amp), the altenator is bad in the 6 and would like to go ahead and just buy a H.O. Alt since the motors gunna be out anyway. I don't know what alt to get or where to get one that will fit my car. I would like to get one that could easily keep up with 2000w, not that I have that power now just in case I want to later. I currently have a JL 300/4 and JL E1400D, I would like to upgrade to a JL 500/1 but that will be much later, I also have an Optima red top side & top post battery. any suggestions on what i should get? or what would work best.

Gold Member
Username: Ctmike

Ct.

Post Number: 4037
http://stores.ebay.com/Iraggi-Alternator-and-Electronics

www.excessiveamperage.com

Gold Member
Username: 420alldaylong

Post Number: 1434
http://www.highoutputalternator.com/

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Southeast PA

Post Number: 1685
Iraggi alts are the best "bang for the buck so to speak, price vs quality. Check out this one:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/180amp-Amputator-Series-Alternator-Mazda-Mistsubi shi_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ33573QQihZ019QQitemZ7963997009

Email him and ask if it will fit a 93, they always get stuff wrong in the descriptions.

If you want an absolutely top-notch quality alt, check out www.ohiogen.com , but they cost more $.

Silver Member

Post Number: 536
thanks Mike but the ebay store doesn't have it for my year and Joey but i got a qoute form High output alt they want $700 shiped for it which is way to pricy. and we'll see what excessive ampreage qoute brings. but does anyone know how many amps would be recomended for my use?

Gold Member

Southeast PA

Post Number: 1691
Kyle, read what I posted above ^^^^^^^

Click the link!

Silver Member

Post Number: 537
I did, when i posted my last one you hadn't responded yet. thanks

Silver Member
Username: Oleg

Santa Monica, CA USA

Post Number: 957
btw kyle, try getting the most powerful alt that you can afford

Silver Member

Post Number: 539
yup thats what I'm trying for

Silver Member

Santa Monica, CA USA

Post Number: 966
did you contact Nathan at excessive? what'd he say for amperage and price?

Gold Member

Southeast PA

Post Number: 1705
^^^^

What is it with you and EA alts? I haven't ever seen a case where they make a bigger alt for a particular car than Iraggi, always the other way around. Then there's the quality: I've heard of more people having problems with them, than Iraggi, Ohio Gen, HO alts, Alterstart, and Motor City Reman put together.

Silver Member

Santa Monica, CA USA

Post Number: 973
Maybe I haven't had mine in a long time, but iraggi didn't have a bigger alt for my car. All the other places are like double the price. Besides, I have one so that's what's up with me and EA alts. If mine craps out, I'll stop recommending them. For now, EA is a good deal.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us