Where to hook remote wire

Username: Zdubb

Post Number: 1
Hi, i've got an amp and line level converters and i'd like to hook my subs to my stock stereo (because i'm poor and like the ipod input jack)

Anyways, i'm guessing the stock deck doesn't have a remote power on out for the amp to turn it on when the car is on and off. I know i can use a wire between the power in terminal and remote hook-up to get the amp to work, but i'm afraid that will run down my battery. so what should i hook the remote terminal to? (i don't have a power antenna)

Gold Member
Username: Dustin3

Tigard, OR U.S.

Post Number: 4369
if you are positive you dont have a remote lead behind the HU (usually a blue wire with a white stipe) you can just hook it in the fuse box. just hook it to the radio fuse, or IGN/ACC fuse or just anyone that will turn on when the car does and/or radio :-)

Gold Member
Username: Van_man

Boston South, MA

Post Number: 1386
any Acc. that is controled with the key on.
Cig. lighter, radio, curcuit maybe. check with a meter what goes hot when you turn the key on. Or you could wire a toggle switch in line with it.

Post Number: 2
I guess i'm not positive that i don't have a remote lead, i just assumed a stock hu wouldn't have one. My car is a 2007 chevy cobalt if either of you knows more about it than me. Thanx for the help so far

Gold Member
Username: Dustin3

Tigard, OR U.S.

Post Number: 4373
yea, it wont have one most likely. just wire it to a fuse thats hot when the car is on. its nice to put a swich in-line with it also.. -- if you just want to wire it to the power atenna behind the HU, which is solid blue

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Ct

Post Number: 7696
wire it to your radio fuse under your dash.

Bronze Member
Username: Bies08

Wheaton, Kansas

Post Number: 77
how do you wire the remote wire wiht the fuse..jsut put the wire in their and slid the fuse in or what?

Bronze Member
Username: Bies08

Wheaton, Kansas

Post Number: 78
how am i spose to wire it wiht the fuse..do i just stick hte wire in the slot then put the fuse in or what?

Gold Member
Username: Tjmutlow

Post Number: 3329
yes run it to the radio fuse, wrap around end and put fuse back in

Gold Member
Username: N2audio

Lawrence, Ks USA

Post Number: 1036
better yet, you could use one of these...

Upload

Radio shack sells them 4 for $1.50.

Post Number: 3
Thanx for all the suggestions, to hopefully help anyone that comes across this discussion i'll share my solution. I actually had to wire it to the power steering fuse; because the radio fuse on my car is always hot (i'm guessing because my car has the feature where the radio stays on if you turn off the ignition but haven't opened a door yet, most new cars do) and the power steering was the only fuse i could find that was only on when the ignition was on.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us