How big?

Silver Member
Username: Darkale85

Averil park , Ny Renn

Post Number: 233
how high of an alt should i need if im going to be running 1100wrms(audio art 100hc)but not going to have the system up to loud all the time just on ocation when i have to show off or what not thanks

Silver Member
Username: Th3pwn3r

Chicago, Illinois U.S.A

Post Number: 379
Well if you're going to get a HO alt...you might as well get a 200 amp at the least.This way if you plan on upgrading your system you don't have to worry too much about your alternator.

Gold Member
Username: Juliob

Santo DomingoDominican Re...

Post Number: 2567
^^^that's not necessary, i'd say 160A would be ok

Silver Member

Averil park , Ny Renn

Post Number: 234
yeah i dont plan on going any bigger well at least for a very very long time so a 160 should do for now cause i dont even know how long im going to keep the vehicle for so i dont want to make that big of an investmint in some thing like that thanks juliob and robert

Gold Member
Username: Theelfkeeper

Stockbridge, GA USA

Post Number: 3088
1100W/12.6V=87.3A

the car needs around 50 amps. or add the stock alt amperage to the above calculated numbers.

check out Iraggi alternators on ebay and look at the lifetime warranty details if you might be changing cars soon.

Gold Member
Username: Troy81

Tavernier, Fl Us

Post Number: 1157
um, if i were you i would contact nate@excessiveamperage.com and ask him, i would get the biggest possible so you can upgrade, and if your new to car audio, YOU ARE gonna want to upgrade, nates a good guy and he might do whatever iraggi does, i dont know much about them, good luck, ask nate either way

Silver Member

Averil park , Ny Renn

Post Number: 235
yeah i went to excessive and he wanted like 380$ and im not argueing that its not worth it but i dont have that kind of cash to be spending now cause im a full time college studint and any one who has or is one knows how it can be for money lol thanks again every one

Gold Member
Username: Juliob

Santo DomingoDominican Re...

Post Number: 2585
get an iraggi alt, that would be the best for your case

Silver Member
Username: Cavsmaxima

New York United States

Post Number: 346
^^^^
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums