Your Idea's On A System

Username: Th3pwn3r

Chicago, Illinois U.S.A

Post Number: 10
Hey guys I have asked similar questions but... Any reccomendations on a Sub/Amp combo for 2000-2500? Charging system won't be an issue as I will be running a HO ALT. Thanks.

Gold Member
Username: Juliob

Santo DomingoDominican Re...

Post Number: 1523
2 Si Mag, and one 3000w rms amp (soundstream, massive audio, mmats)

Pretty sick uh? hehehehehe

Bronze Member

Chicago, Illinois U.S.A

Post Number: 13
Well, I got offered a deal on 2 12 MA DMX'S and two MA P3000 amps for 2100 but I'm still looking around before I drop that much cash.Although the deal for the MA gear is sick I'm starting to think of RE XXX's but I dunno... all ideas are much appreciated.12's or 15's it doesn't matter really, whatever you guys think would be best in the price range of $2000 to $2500.Thanks again.

Gold Member
Username: Theelfkeeper

Stockbridge, GA USA

Post Number: 2558
SI Mags are great. are you looking for SPL, SQ or the happy medium labled SQL??

and if your talking about the new RE XXX's, i wouldn't get one unless you just want one to say you have one. they are very impractical subs for a daily driver and are pretty inefficient drivers from what i hear.

Bronze Member

Chicago, Illinois U.S.A

Post Number: 14
I would have to say more on the SPL side as far as I want my system.Well.. I dunno I want it to be really loud but I don't want it to sound terrible either so.. I would have to go with SQL I guess? Oh, I don't really care about bragging about a Name either. I just want something that is loud and still sounds decent.

Gold Member

Stockbridge, GA USA

Post Number: 2562
some subs brands i'll suggest are Stereo Integrity, Treo, Ascendant Audio, Image Dynamics, Arc Audio, Crystal Mobile Sound, Sound Splinter and JL Audio.

not in any particular order, but all make killer products and make a sub for almost any situation and budget.

once you decide on a sub, then i'd look for an amp. you have a decient budget so it shouldn't be a problem getting you a great setup.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1565
Si Mag again hehe, they're just too efficient

Gold Member

Post Number: 1566
Robert, do not buy the colossus, is just not the best amp for the money man... i'd consider many other brands before hifonics...

Bronze Member

Chicago, Illinois U.S.A

Post Number: 15
Well as far as the Colossus goes...you guys have steered me away. I just randomly decided I wanted a killer system and I had seen a video from Team Toxic Bass using a XX Colossus and from what I saw I thought it was a good amp.But,after hearing most of the people on these threads saying they aren't too great I'm looking for something different.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1579
yeah! don't believe to stereo, i've seen/heard many colossus amps and they're just a good amp, there are way better amps... but he's a maxxsonics dealer, he just wants to sell...

Gold Member

Stockbridge, GA USA

Post Number: 2567
Juliob - actually the Mags aren't very efficient subs. the 15 is a little more efficient then the 12's but not by much.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1613
well brandon, they can handle a good amount of power, but overall, the crystal compX is better...
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us