AMP help please =0

Silver Member
Username: Jtb

Post Number: 126
I have a kicker 550.2 running to a single IDMAX.

It has been working fine for about a year no problems

A week or so ago, I got into my car to go to work and after the sub was on for about 10 seconds it cut off. So I turned my head unit off and back on to try to get the amp to cut on again. It took about 10 seconds for the amp to cut back on - it usually takes about 2 or 3. But after that my sub was running fine all the way to work.

I kept having this problem for the next day or two, and then the sub went out and I turned my head unit off and back on but the amp never came on. It hasn't come on since. I checked the REM wire from the HU and to the amp. I know its the amp and not the sub because the amp light isn't coming on. I also checked the power cable to make sure it was connected well to the battery. I checked all the RCA wires and everything, they were all fine.

So.. does anybody know what my problem is from what I have told you?

Thanks in advance =0

Silver Member
Username: Adddisorder

West palm, Florida

Post Number: 462
did you check your inline fuse and your fuses in the back of the amp. also make sure you have a really good ground and all connections are secure even the one going to the back of the sub inside the box

Silver Member
Username: Jtb

Post Number: 127
Excuse my ignorance but what are inline fuses and how to I check them?

I did check the two fuses sticking out of the side of the amp and they were fine

Bronze Member
Username: Naledge503

Portland, Oregon U.S.

Post Number: 62
there should be a fuse on your power wire near the battery.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us