OT: saving money lol

Bronze Member
Username: Atllefty12

Pinellas, Fla.

Post Number: 36
Ok, all throughout this forum I've heard this one word that totally baffles me... SAVE. I dont get it... how do you people do it? I'm 17 and a senior in highschool and I try to save up for my new system all the time, but I just cant do it. I have insurance, gas, and school. I just started working my 2nd job and I'm bringing in 2 times as much a week but I still have trouble putting up money for my system... Any tips, tricks or advice?!?! lol

Bronze Member
Username: Sofakingcool2007

Post Number: 60
im 17 also.. I save up money buy not spending anything, I dont go out to eat and I kinda mooch off freinds and jsut put 100% of my checks into the bank. Fortunatley my parents pay for my cellphone inxurance gas etc.. but its still easy to save money by just not buying what you dont need to

Silver Member
Username: Kaerfpl

Spencerport, NY USA

Post Number: 238
I just graduated from high school so I got about $800 from that. But other than that, I just save up as much money as I need for insurence in my checkings (which is $90) then after that I put my other checks and stuff in my savings and only touch it if I need gas. Every month i'll have put in about $150 into my saving for car audio or car repairs if I need them.

Bronze Member

Pinellas, Fla.

Post Number: 40
true, im gettin better at that but my insurance is $900 every 3 months!!! rediculous!!! I'm hoping to have around 1.5-2k by christmas, seem possible?

Gold Member
Username: Ctmike

Ct.

Post Number: 1075
that's pretty high insurance, are you covered under your parents? if not, do that and it'll save you some.

Bronze Member

Pinellas, Fla.

Post Number: 41
I am lol, it went up 200 every 3 months because of my freakin grades... was supposed to have 3.0 and I had a 2.9, thing is they didnt tell me i had to have a 3.0 until I got my new statement...

Gold Member
Username: Killerzracing71

Fredericksburg, Virginia United states

Post Number: 1034
well im 18 now i payed for my system when i waz 17.......okay the first thing i had bought was a radiator......darn 235$ okay then next my system
500-600 okay do like they say put ur money in the bank.....n save.........its gonna b hard very very very hard.....

i pay 117$ a month for insurance 300$ a month for gas yes 300$

but i do get 10$ hour.....so its a little easier....than most but still i dont work much..... 4hours a day x 3 12-16 hours a week i need to start working harder

oh an let me tell u this i payed 720$ for my tires(not rims), mounting balancing for my rims.....u dont realize how blown i waz....but it waz worth it.....

savings not easy at all

Silver Member

Spencerport, NY USA

Post Number: 243
What insurance company do you have? Geeez...I pay $89 a month. If your paying $300 a month on insurance, I think you should just stop driving for awhile. Then maybe you'll have around 1.5K by christmas.

Silver Member
Username: Adddisorder

West palm, Florida

Post Number: 434
just work your a$s off iv got 3 jobs
bus boy
lawn matinence
mate on a fishing boat

Silver Member

Spencerport, NY USA

Post Number: 249
"mate on a fishing boat"

lol, what do you do at that job?

Bronze Member

Pinellas, Fla.

Post Number: 53
lol, I was thinking about that actually and I might be starting my 3rd job soon... I just priced my new system together last night and it came out to roughly 3k... i gotta lotta savin lol

Bronze Member
Username: Nikoncd

Post Number: 77
I just graduated from College... when I was in High School, I didn't have a car let alone a system - then again, I wasn't neccessarily living in the right country at the time either. Cool thing about college is when you take out loans, they always give you a little change to get you throughout the year, after paying for tuition, books, etc... the only way I could get a system was to budget that money, along with working part-time at an arch firm. Of course the drawback is that your paying that money back in the years to come, but your gonna have to do that anyways whether you spent that money on food or car toys. But I am with others, save your money... don't buy things you WANT but just things you NEED. If I could give you some advice, keep saving until you can get what you want... don't settle, I mean - you worked hard saving that money, you should be happy with your purchase for a long time and be proud to see it in your ride. Just my opinion though, nothing wrong with budget systems.

Bronze Member

Pinellas, Fla.

Post Number: 55
true true... very well put chauncey

Silver Member

Spencerport, NY USA

Post Number: 257
indeed

Bronze Member
Username: Drsmith

Montana USA

Post Number: 75
like tommy said just dont buy things you dont need what all are you getting for 3k incidentally i'm a 17 year old senior in high school and my name is andrew too

Bronze Member
Username: Phantomlord2k

Post Number: 12
Be patient. I had always wanted a cool car and great sound system when I was 17-18 too. Never happened, because my parents divorced and I had to support myself most of the time. I had to drop out of college and work full time. I just recently finished college part time while working full time and now at age 30, I have a great job, a BS degree, a 4x4 truck, a motorcycle, and currently building that great sound system.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1039
my insurance is 117$

gas cost 300$ a month

okay 3k for a system the system i wanted would cost me 2k or so...for every single thing i need.....

total power 3500rms Watts whut did u plan on getting

Gold Member
Username: Illuminator

USA

Post Number: 3452
Save before you spend! Save a certain amount of money (even $25-50) for an amp or something each time you get a paycheck. Then do what you need or want to with the rest. After a few paychecks you should have enough to get the amp or whatever you've been saving for!

Bronze Member

Pinellas, Fla.

Post Number: 60
OK, heres what I'm saving up for...
Dynamat Xtreme Bulk Pack - $130
Roller - $20
300 amp alternator - $350
Kinetic HC2400 battery - $300
Rockford Fosgate T20001BD amp - $575
(2) Rockford Fosgate T8004 amp - $770
(2) Treo SSi 12" subwoofers - $700
(2) T162S 6.5" component set - $420
Optional (Clarion VRX765VD Dvd player) - $600
thats $3265 + installation or $3856 with DVD player

How does that look? its going in a 99 honda civic. Any suggestions or reccomended changes?

Silver Member
Username: Stnorris

Eldridge, IA US

Post Number: 770
andrew - your insurance is insane. i got a good hookup for 35-40 dollars a month, and im 17 with a new car.

i save up money though working for around 17 dollars an hour every once in awhile. also, by not paying for insurance. lol..my parents got that.

Bronze Member

Pinellas, Fla.

Post Number: 61
Well ur lucky then lol, comments for my setup?!?! anyone

Silver Member

Eldridge, IA US

Post Number: 775
that sounds really good^^^^. i like the ssi choice. i just got an ssi 15. but why are u going with the RF amp?

Gold Member
Username: Dustin3

Tigard, OR U.S.

Post Number: 2602
that sub sucks, get some CVRS

Bronze Member

Pinellas, Fla.

Post Number: 63
I like the specs on it to power those subs, also I want my mids n highs amp to match. Any other brands? open for suggestions... preferably american made

Silver Member

Eldridge, IA US

Post Number: 777
yes theres plenty of good brands. u can always go with that amp though, im not saying its a bad amp, but u might be able to find a better one for cheaper or somethin.

post the specs for the amp, im too lazy tonight to look them up . lol

Bronze Member

Pinellas, Fla.

Post Number: 64
T20001DB
* 750 W x 1 @ 4 Ohms RMS
* 1500 W x 1 @ 2 Ohms RMS
* 2000 W x 1 @ 1 Ohms RMS
* Total power 2000 Watts
* Bridgeable: Master Sync, Power Sync, (bd-sync2)
* Crossover: LP 32-250Hz 24dB per Octave, Subsonic Filter 28Hz
* Tone controls: Bass Control, 0 to 18 dB @ 35-70 Hz
* Signal input: Low level - , Quantity - 1, Type - RCA(pr)
* Line output: 1 RCA(pr)
* Phase control: 0/180 degrees
* Power input: Connector - Block, Wire gauge - 1/0 AWG
* Speaker output: Block
* Heatsink: Type -Cast, Cooling -Fan Cooled
* Remote control: Included, Type - Wired, Controls - Bass
* Class B/D
* Dimensions 2.6 X 12.8 X 23 (inches)

T8004
50 W x 4 @ 4 Ohms RMS

100 W x 4 @ 2 Ohms RMS

200 W x 4 @ 1 Ohms RMS

200 W x 2 @ 4 Ohms Bridged RMS

400 W x 2 @ 2 Ohms Bridged RMS

Total power 800 Watts

Bridgeable: Yes

Crossover: HP 40-4kHz 24dB per Octave, LP 40-4kHz 24dB per Octave, Subsonic Filter 28Hz

Tone controls: Bass Control, 0 to 18 dB @ 35-70 Hz

Signal input: Low level - , Quantity - 2, Type - RCA(pr)

Line output: 1 RCA(pr)

Power input: Connector - Block, Wire gauge - 1/0 AWG

Speaker output: Block

Heatsink: Type -Cast, Cooling -Fan Cooled

Remote control: Included, Type - Wired, Controls - Bass

Class A/B

Dimensions 2.6 X 12.8 X 23 (inches)

Silver Member

Eldridge, IA US

Post Number: 783
well just stick with those amps. i didnt think that amp was 2000rms. i dont have a better recommendation so.....

Bronze Member

Pinellas, Fla.

Post Number: 65
how should I go about this? Should I piece it together, like save up for 1 part of the system at a time and when I have enough buy it? or should I wait and do it all at once?

Silver Member

Eldridge, IA US

Post Number: 790
i would slowly buy the pieces. u might change ur midn sometime or something, and go with somethin else.

also, buyin each piece seperate is alot easier on the wallet.

Bronze Member

Pinellas, Fla.

Post Number: 66
hey, steven whats ur entire system? if you done mind me asking..

Bronze Member

Pinellas, Fla.

Post Number: 67
also, do you think Ill be able to flex my windshield with this system?

Silver Member

Eldridge, IA US

Post Number: 793
nothing too special.

infinity speakers.
clarion HU.
audiobahn amp..until i get more money
treo ssi 15

4awg wiring....

Bronze Member

Pinellas, Fla.

Post Number: 68
tight, u had your DB's measured?

Silver Member

Eldridge, IA US

Post Number: 795
nope. i still have 2 cvrs right now though. i think those could do around 140 or so.

Bronze Member

Pinellas, Fla.

Post Number: 69
Ok, i know this is alot of questions lol, im sorry, but i want to get this perfect... the list i posted earlier of my entire system, could you and anyone else who knows what theyre talking about possibly tell me the order of which i should buy these items?

Silver Member

Eldridge, IA US

Post Number: 800
Rockford Fosgate T20001BD amp
(2) Treo SSi 12" subwoofers
300 amp alternator
Kinetic HC2400 battery
(2) Rockford Fosgate T8004 amp
(2) T162S 6.5" component set
Optional (Clarion VRX765VD Dvd player)
Dynamat Xtreme Bulk Pack
Roller

there that should be perfect.

i was thinking that ur amps and subs will be good to get done first, so u have them.

ur amp and 2 subs will be useless without a alt and batt, and ur alt and batt will be useles w/o the subs...so i was thinkin to get hte subs and amp first, so u can have them just to look at and to HAVE. loll

Bronze Member

Pinellas, Fla.

Post Number: 70
should i keep them all in my room until i get everything and have it installed at once or should i buy the alternator and have it installed immediatly?

Bronze Member

Pinellas, Fla.

Post Number: 71
If i purchase 2 T8004 amps, and 2 T162S 6.5 component sets, If I wanted to buy 1 more set of tweeters and a pair of 6 by 9's, would I need to buy a T4004 amp to power the additional tweets and 6 by 9's?

Silver Member

Eldridge, IA US

Post Number: 810
yes probably. why are u goin for so much though? lol. im good with just changin out my stock speakers, and hooking up an amp and subs.

lol do what u gotta do.

Bronze Member

Pinellas, Fla.

Post Number: 72
I know lol, its alot, but i figure if im going to do it, i might as well go all out at it. I'm looking for something to flex with. Do you think maybe i should switch out the SSi's with a 12" ssx?

Silver Member

Eldridge, IA US

Post Number: 812
that would be going from 1500rms to 2500rms. do it if you want, but that will be more expensive. maybe u can get a good deal though.

if you want to go for more, than yea, do it. but ull have to get an amp thats more expensive too, that can do around 3000rms.

Silver Member

Eldridge, IA US

Post Number: 813
hey if you got AIM, you can talk to me on there too...

Bronze Member

Pinellas, Fla.

Post Number: 73
yea, atlmvplefty12

Gold Member

Post Number: 1043
geez thats a lot of chit.....there.....i would do this just buy 1 sub.....the rf2000 the alt..... a yellow top (for now) n call it a day....then save up again n again....belive me its gonna take a while.....it took me 7months to save up for my rims.......1700$ wtf...... unless u slave at work i never did.....(cuz im dumb) but if i did i coulda gone bigger 20's n 22's

Bronze Member

Pinellas, Fla.

Post Number: 75
yea, im not gettin all that for now. just the treo ssx, 2 amps, battery, atl. and new speakers...

Bronze Member
Username: Drsmith

Montana USA

Post Number: 84
hey andrew where you getting that amp for $575

Bronze Member

Pinellas, Fla.

Post Number: 94
ebay, its a refurb tho.

Silver Member

Eldridge, IA US

Post Number: 842
yep, good idea on what ur getting now. damn im good. lol jp

u still get the 2 rf amps, and the rf components, and the ssx?

Silver Member
Username: Killswitchjd

Post Number: 248
andrew, i say get a yellow top for under 200 rather than that kinetic battery...
and get the orion wcc5000d on ebay for 500 rather than the rockford amps... if you are spending that much make sure all the things are good choices...

Silver Member

Eldridge, IA US

Post Number: 855
he wanted the amps to match

Silver Member
Username: _jay_

Post Number: 176
just don't buy things that u need as everyone said, don't get tickets either they will KILL you lmao, take it from personal experience, after 1 accident n' 2 tickets..bubi 1,000$ :-(
-JaY

Silver Member
Username: Quig

Pittsburgh, Pa Us

Post Number: 258
i say it wouldnt hart to buy the battery and alt first... it can only help ur electrical system. have them installed then all you have to worry about is the audio part now.

Silver Member

Pinellas, Fla.

Post Number: 109
now im just debating on how much i should put into my system... being in highschool and all and having a car with 94K miles on it I cant decide whether i want to put the system in this car or wait a long time and put it in a new car. Any suggestions? by the way... my quote for the entire system was $4,500.

Gold Member
Username: Ctmike

Ct.

Post Number: 1099
keep your car, it's a honda. as long as you take care of it it'll last a long time. i have a 92 accord with a little over 164,000 miles and it runs perfectly, and a friend of mine has a 4 door civic with over 200,000 miles running good.

Silver Member
Username: Dsmith07

Post Number: 112
put it in your car, you can always put it in your new car when you get one.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us