2 Type-R's(4ohm)+lanzar VIBE286 amp or 268

Silver Member
Username: _jay_

Post Number: 112
would the VIBE286 or the vibe268 work with the swr-1242d's...i have 2 of them...just bridge them into 4ohm...the 286 is a 2 channel amp n' puts out 4,000watts@4ohmsx1 MAX, so i figure atleast 1,500watts@4ohmsx1 mono....? so that would power my subs decent...tell me either or sub would work better..unless u can find a good amp for under 180$....including shipping thx..
-JaY

Silver Member
Username: Ctmike

Ct.

Post Number: 586
what's the rms on the amp, not the max. if it does 1500wrms @ 4ohms, wire the subs to a 4ohm load and you'll be set. just watch the gains.

Silver Member

Post Number: 113
doesn't tell the rms..only says for 2 ohms...but it says 4,000watts@4ohms max bridged, so i figure around 1,200-1,500watts@4ohms bridged RMS....even though it doesn't say that...

Silver Member
Username: Ctmike

Ct.

Post Number: 592
i wouldn't just guess, if your wrong then you stand a chance at ruining your subs, even though i think that amp is really overrated. give them a call and get the specs of that amp, or look around online and see if you can find them.

Silver Member

Post Number: 114
i've found them n' stuff..no1 tells wut the rms is @4ohms bridged....and there online manual doesn't tell either..just the max...n' that doesn't do me sh1t lmfao

Gold Member
Username: Dustin3

Tigard, Or U.S.

Post Number: 1145
the best u can do with the 286 is
2 x 1000 RMS at 4 OHMS = 2000 x 1 @ 2 ohms. the amp doesnt bridge to 4 ohms i guess.

if i were u, i would look at some different amps.

if you need one of these amps, get the 628 and just wire it to 4 ohms where its 500 x 2 @ 4 ohms. u dont need to bridge it

Silver Member

Post Number: 115
ok, thanks bassman..thats probly what i will end up doing..for the time being and then buy a higher quality amp in the next month or 2..

Silver Member
Username: N2audio

Lawrence, Ks USA

Post Number: 850
The 286 is bridgable - it should run fine at 4 ohms bridged.

As far as actual power -- all I know is that the Vibe 268 has bench tested at over 900w bridged - the 286 is physically larger and uses 10A more fuse. So it wouldn't be a stretch to figure 1000-1200w bridged...1500?? - not likely.

Silver Member

Post Number: 117
ight thx optidriven...nice to know there r some lanzar people out there trying with people that need temp systems.... :-)

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 7897
a "TEMP" system doesnt make any sense man

$ave & do it right the 1st time ....

Silver Member

Post Number: 118
either waste my money on worthless things as food..or spend it on sumthing i'll enjoy...and can re-sell 2 the newbies around here..
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us