I couldnt have blown two amps.

Username: Ab18

Post Number: 1
I had my Kobe audio 4 channel 1440W amp hooked to my 3 Bumper 550W competition subs Ive had this system for like a year and a half no problems ever, and one day my subs just cut off. So I unhooked everything and rehooked everything to see what was wrong couldnt figure out the problem because I was still getting power to the amp because the LED was green but my subs were still silent. Then like three days later i started my car and my subs came on for like 2 min out of nowhere, then they cut off and cut back on but like they were barely on, but i still had full power with a green LED light. So I took my cousins Rockford Fostgate 1000W AMP to see if it was just my amp or another problem, I hooked it up and my subs were bangin again. I drove to the store and before 1 song ended the speakers went out, no funnyy smells and the amps LED light was still on. Could this be a problem with my channels? Did I burn out the channels on two amps? If so how does this happen? SOMEBODY!!! ANYBODY!!!

Silver Member
Username: Fiber

Post Number: 210
You may have burnt your voice coils what size box do u have I burnt a sub up once because the box was to small.

Bronze Member
Username: Jpio24

Schaumburg, IL

Post Number: 51
i had the same problem before with my subs and the people that installed my subs did a half @ss job and all it was was the clip inside the box holding the sub to the terminal that did it. Sounds exactly like the same as your problem and I thought mine was blown also, but no.

Silver Member
Username: Scott_debaker

Pittsburgh, P.A. U.S.A.

Post Number: 292
i had my jlw3 ho0ked up an my amp was goin on then back off den on an off i thought it was the cars battery an alt not puttin enough power so i un hooked it all then i went 2 install in other car with both subs an both amps 1 sub worked other didnt then it worked then went out i tolk it out an it was stiff so it was blown so i tolk my other sub put it bac in the other car re wired everthing bac up tuned the box lower an wow it sounded way better than b4 can u say low low bass an its been workin ever since

Gold Member
Username: Jmloughrey

Farmington, CT

Post Number: 1529
On the contrary to your girlfriend, a period on the internet can be your friend.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us