New Powerbase first run

Bronze Member
Username: Fiber

Post Number: 86
I just got my new pbx's in the box and hooked up I was trying to get a video of them but soon as they hit a few times to a bass track my video camera went black and i felt something pop real loud in my ear and hurt like a moth@fuqa, Here are some pics, I have to go get my ear checked out i'll be back later.. if I dont have this headache!
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload

Bronze Member
Username: Xstokes88

Tacoma, Washington United states

Post Number: 38
thats fu<kin gross!!!

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 6757
is that a b/loody ear i see in that last pic !? ...

Silver Member
Username: Yukhui

Myrtle Beach, South Carolina USA

Post Number: 284
Looks like a bursted eardrum. Let's hope you can still hear out of it..

Gold Member
Username: Blainew

Post Number: 1093
sh!t thats what i fear

Gold Member
Username: Southernrebel

Monroe, Louisiana USA

Post Number: 2466
um, unless you had pre-exsisting ear problems...i call BS on the b\oody ear. (or you put your head in the port)

not being mean man, but in a small box in a chevy silverado...those subs are not all that loud. (they are prolly loud, but not 150dB LOUD)

Bronze Member

Post Number: 88
i was in the back seat trying to video tape the excursion i was right over the port and it's not that small of a box i had a 4.99cf and i got my friedns 7.81 cf

Silver Member
Username: Safe_cracker

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 518
I agree with Marshall, smells like Poo here, lol. I guarrantee my single RE sx 15 is louder and I have actually placed my head in the trunk next to the FOUR 4" external Aero Ports my 4.47 cf net box has and have only come up with a double ear infection. Polo..

Bronze Member

Post Number: 90
well i dont know what happened but all i know is my ear popped and a few minutes later i put my finger in my eye because it itched and there was blood, im just not used to loud stuff it's not the first time my ear has done that a few months ago I was doin a work site with a jack hammer(not the sub) and my ear bled.

Gold Member
Username: Chaunb3400

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 6167
" I guarrantee my single RE sx 15 is louder"

Whoa pump yo breaks, if he is powering those right, there is no way ur sx would stand a chance in spl..But if he has like a pyle amp or something then u win...lol

Silver Member

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 525
Whoa pump yo breaks, if he is powering those right, there is no way ur sx would stand a chance in spl..But if he has like a pyle amp or something then u win...lol

Chauncey, have you ever heard them before? I have, that is why I bought RE's. They are a much better SQ/SQL sub then an SPL sub and going by the box he has them in, there is no way they are going to get there full potential. If indeed they were louder, I would have bought them, I am not 18 but 34 and I have money (good thing about getting older, more toys) :-O Polo..

Gold Member

Monroe, Louisiana USA

Post Number: 2477

quote:

well i dont know what happened but all i know is my ear popped and a few minutes later i put my finger in my eye because it itched and there was blood, im just not used to loud stuff it's not the first time my ear has done that a few months ago I was doin a work site with a jack hammer(not the sub) and my ear bled.

well...you might want to get that checked out. sounds like you have some serious (pre-existing)ear troubles.

quote:

I agree with Marshall, smells like Poo here, lol. I guarrantee my single RE sx 15 is louder and I have actually placed my head in the trunk next to the FOUR 4" external Aero Ports my 4.47 cf net box has and have only come up with a double ear infection. Polo..

polo...i guarrantee ya that you didnt get that ear infection from your SX15.

Silver Member

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 526
Ummm, ya I did. I don't get ear infections at all and the doctor said it is not viral but resulting from some type of pressure related trama. I only did it once, you climb in the trunk without ear protection. Some people are more prone to ear trama and if that came out of that boys ear then he must of had a serious problem before, pretty nasty. Pretty funny I always get young whipper snappers trying to prove me wrong. What, do I look new to you, lol? :-O Polo..

Upload

Gold Member

Monroe, Louisiana USA

Post Number: 2480
polo,

all i am sayin is that it is utterly IMPOSSIBLE to get an "ear infection" from SPL directly.

as you said, "the doctor said it is not viral but resulting from some type of pressure related trama"...that is trama, not an infection :-)

an infection is caused by micro-organisms.

i win

Silver Member

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 528
Ok, you little sh!t I called my doctor and he said it wasn't viral per say but was a result from irritation of the inner ear causing the blockage of the eustachios (sp)tube. When this happend the bacterial normally present tends to multiply drawing in more bacterial from your nose and throat resulting in an ear infection. It wasn't triggered by a virus but trama to the inner ear cavity resulting in an over abundance of fluid and there for a blockage which resulted in the infection, so THERE, lol.. :-O Polo..

PS- Normally the bacteria is present in the ear and excess drains into your throat and you swallow it, sounds YUMMY, lol.. :-)

Gold Member

Monroe, Louisiana USA

Post Number: 2482
yep...thats why i said it wasnt caused directly by SPL. but "indirectly"...yes

(just messing w/ ya man....lol)

and i still win

Silver Member

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 538
Upload

Silver Member

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 539
Well actually that is debatable. The SPL caused the irrittation in the inner ear which caused the release of an over abundance of liquid to form which in turn caused the blockage in the eustachios tube leading to bacteria growth then finally an ear infection. lOl... Beer is good, lol.

Upload

Gold Member
Username: Cenus

Hicksville, Ohio Usa

Post Number: 1455
WTF, take that miller light sh1t and dump it, Great Taste my azz.

Silver Member

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 540
When you get old like me you will be drinking the same SH!T, lol.

Gold Member
Username: Cenus

Hicksville, Ohio Usa

Post Number: 1457
LOL, i hope not.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us