$300 for entire install / how does that sound ?

Gold Member
Username: Suleman36

Maryland U.S.A.

Post Number: 3329
I usually go to this installer friend of mine that is really good at caraudio installs.

He says he will do my entire system for $300. This includes the following:

- Pioneer Premier DEH-P860MP
- CDT HD62 Component Set
- PPI A600.2
- ? Amp coming soon
- ID MAX 12
- Dynamat Extreme Door Kit
- Viper 5000 Alarm

All of this going into a 98 camry. Decided to pass on the rearfill and just remove the stock 6x9's so i have more bass come in thru the reardeck.

Tell me what you guys think. It sounds like a reasonable deal.

Gold Member
Username: Blainew

Post Number: 1074
thats JUST for installing all that right??? you already have all the stuff?

Gold Member
Username: Blainew

Post Number: 1076
you could get it cheaper i think

Silver Member
Username: Goatin

U.S.A

Post Number: 540
I would try to haggle a bit 300 is a bit steep for a friend (But alarms can be tricky)

I would get your friend to install the alarm and do the rest your self and save at least 200 bucks.

Gold Member

Maryland U.S.A.

Post Number: 3330
Thats just for installing all the stuff since i already own the equipment. He does really good clean work. He works for Myer-Emco but is doing a side job. They only pay him 60% percent commision on installs and myer-emco takes 40%.

Hes like the only person i trust with my caraudio installs in my area. He has done 2 of my other installs. Besides he

Silver Member
Username: Lil_jon

Post Number: 346
thats good moe i paid 200 more
but the best in the city does it for around that much

Silver Member
Username: Lil_jon

Post Number: 347
thats good moe i paid 200 more
but the best in the city does it for around that much 250 i mean

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 5785
$300 for all that is definately reasonable, especially if he does it as well as the other pics you've shown me.

Gold Member

Maryland U.S.A.

Post Number: 3333
Yeah, he does excellant work. Hey jonathan, how big should i have my ID MAX 12 box built ? I was thinking 1.5 cuft gross but im not positive yet. I want to mate it with my CDT HD62's up front.

Gold Member

Maryland U.S.A.

Post Number: 3334
Here is the box im getting built

http://cgi.ebay.com/SEALED-SUBWOOFER-BOX-FOR-AN-IMAGE-DYNAMICS-IDMAX-12_W0QQitem Z5880112994QQcategoryZ18803QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Gold Member
Username: Tjmutlow

Post Number: 1658
all that for 300 is actually great, the labor on the dynamat and alarm alone is almost that.....

Gold Member
Username: B101

Queen City, NC USA

Post Number: 1753
u kiddin me?
they charge 550$ just to do a VIPER car alarm install. << thats including the alarm.

Ive installed about 10-12 car alarms, its not a 1hr job. And Ill charge $300 just for doing that... which is avg labour for a fully load car alarm.

So in closing, he is giving u a damn good deal.

Silver Member
Username: Juliob

Santo DomingoDominican Re...

Post Number: 175
well man sorry that you're in USA but in my country all that will cost like 100-150$ jeje

Gold Member
Username: B101

Queen City, NC USA

Post Number: 1770
well man sorry that you're in USA but in my country all that will cost like 100-150$ jeje

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

i take your dollar is worth more than the US dollar then?? lol
or do they work for cheap?

Username: Calioldschool

California

Post Number: 3
I would maybe talk him down to $250

Bronze Member
Username: Ruthless06

Post Number: 83
At my shop that would be around 450 bucks for everything. But since he is a friend I would talk him down a little bit. Cause the alarm will take 2 hours MAX and thats if anything goes wrong. Sub/Sub amp maybe an hour and thats again if anything goes wrong. Components + component amp, 2 hours max, and thats if anything goes wrong. Deck 20 minutes lol.
So your looking at 5 hours of labor at the very most. And your giving him 60 bucks an hour, thats kind of expensive.
If it were me i'd take 200 for it all and have it done in 3 hours ;) lol nah just kiddin

Bronze Member
Username: Ruthless06

Post Number: 84
And I didn't read the camry part. Yeah the deck can be done in 10 minutes if it is a iso din with the single pocket below, 20 minutes if it is a stacked iso din. Dynamat no time, forgot about that.

Silver Member

Post Number: 192
too cheap, just installing things 1 dollars= 32 dominican $. The reason is too cheap is that people, to find job get a technical education thanks to the government and all the poor guys go for electronics and then put an electronic store so that's why is so cheap.

Silver Member

Post Number: 193
the problem of car audio in my country is that for example if you want to buy a good amp, you can't find it so you must order it from internet and shipping is too expensive, but installation it is cheap. Check this out: two pioneer premier 306 stolen costs like 200 dollars without box so you figure it out.

Gold Member

Maryland U.S.A.

Post Number: 3366
$300 for my install covers labor for Dynamating the front doors and reardeck.

Gold Member

Maryland U.S.A.

Post Number: 3367
$300 for my install covers labor for Dynamating the front doors and reardeck also.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us