Can i wire a dvc sub to a 2 channel amp?

Username: Shaun_whitaker

Post Number: 1
i was wondering if you have a DVC sub and a 2 channel amp can you wire the 2 channels up to each coil. like one channel to one coil and the other channel to the other coil. because the sub i have is rated at 300 watts per coil. and the amp i have puts out 250 x 2 @ 4 ohms and each coil is 4 ohms. can someone please help. thank you

Silver Member
Username: Goatin

U.S.A

Post Number: 169
if you dont already have the amp buy a 1 channel amp if you did see if you can bridge it to 1 channel this will show you your wireing options for 1 channel
http://www.rockfordfosgate.com/rftech/wiringwizard.asp

But if you cant I guess you could just hook the left or right to a spliter then to the amp because DVC subs are more efficent with only one sound channel so that the coils are not working against eachother

Bronze Member
Username: Chevelle

Lancaster, Pa Usa

Post Number: 40
it will cut the power of the amp down to 125w wire it in 2ohm and run it on one channel.

Anonymous

You can run a channel to each voice coil. You don't want to run a different signal to each voice coil though. Like Stone said, if the amp is bridgeable do it that way. Otherwise, set it up so each channel gets the same signal.

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Ct

Post Number: 4880
if your amp is 250x2 at 4ohms and you have a dual vc sub 4 ohms/coil yes you can do it and recieve 250 watts/coil. Like anon said you will have to measure the output voltage in each chan with a mutimeter and make sure the same output is being applied to each coil.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us