Nosie in my speakers

Bronze Member
Username: Rb06

Hoyt, KS U.S.A

Post Number: 13
Ok i jus got my new amp hooked up in my car. Now when i start my car and turn everything on there is a buzzin noise comin out of my speakers. Even when i turn my stero all the way down it still makes that noise, can anyone help me to correct this problem? Thanks

Silver Member
Username: Theelfkeeper

Stockbridge, GA USA

Post Number: 962
thats called a ground loop. try to change the ground location of your amp around.

Bronze Member

Hoyt, KS U.S.A

Post Number: 14
Thanks brandon...

Silver Member

Stockbridge, GA USA

Post Number: 974
no problem, just post again either way, let us know if you fix it or still need help.

Bronze Member

Hoyt, KS U.S.A

Post Number: 16
I tried moving my ground wire several different places and nothing helps... I still have a lot of hum and noise whenever my stereo is on. Any other thoughts?

Silver Member

Stockbridge, GA USA

Post Number: 983
try changing the location of the HU ground too. take it off the harness and ground it someplace else. might also want to run the RCA's outside the car or through the middle to make sure you aren't getting noise through them. also, make sure the power and RCA's are running down opposite sides of the car. and does the noise increase with the rpms??

also check the voltage of the car, mine started making a whine noise and it turned out to be the alternator itself. it was only putting out 11 volts at idle and when i'd unplug it, the noise would go away. just a suggestion.

Bronze Member

Hoyt, KS U.S.A

Post Number: 20
no, it doesn't go up with the rpms, but my rca and the power are on the same side so i will have to move one of them. but what i don't get is that it still makes that noise when my volume is at "0" but ill swich my rcas and see if that helps.

Bronze Member

Hoyt, KS U.S.A

Post Number: 39
Hey thanks brandon I fixed it... it wuz my HUs ground, i moved it and they noise is gone.... thanks man i would of never thought of that
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us