I got screwed...

Silver Member
Username: Monkey_man

Post Number: 420
Well i bout a jblbp1200.1 amplifier off of ebay. The d@mn thing doesnt work!! It poweres on and it is not in protection but the thing isnt producing any power. So...i took it up to a local stereo store and they said they couldnt get anything out of it either. I e-mailed the guy but he has responded yet. What do you guys think the problem may be??

Gold Member
Username: Chaunb3400

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 4659
have u checked the fuses, and if u shake it do u here a rattling sound

Gold Member
Username: Mikechec9

Http://www.cardomain.c...

Post Number: 2054
try the fuse. if that's not it, report the bastage. i purchased a bad audiocontrol eq on ebay.
i just charged it to the game, and used it as a learning experience.

Silver Member
Username: Blainew

Post Number: 730
who did u buy it from...what is their seller name?

Gold Member
Username: Mikechec9

Http://www.cardomain.c...

Post Number: 2055
simultaneous post. chauncy beat me 2it.

Bronze Member
Username: Do_em_dirty816

Kansas City, MO USA

Post Number: 49
been there done that... something that im not proud of :-(. I bought an infinity 1230w sub from ebay and I got it in a f*ckin fish box and the sub was all cut and f*cked ^... LMAO ( A learning experience I guess)

Bronze Member
Username: Luke5513

Post Number: 31
if you paid through paypal, you can dipute it and they will give you your money back. It will take about two weeks, paypal will just take it from there account. It happened to me from INDOAUDIO, don't buy from them!!!

Gold Member
Username: Southern_bass

Paris, Tennessee U.S.

Post Number: 1182
thats why i never get anything off ebay

Silver Member
Username: Dustin3

Tigard, Or U.S.

Post Number: 328
ebay is great. you just have to be carful

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 5264
Paypal sucks. Trust me, I've had my share of crooks on eBay.
This is their "policy."
If you get a lemon, Paypal will swear that you will get a full refund. However, there is a loophole the crooks are exploiting.
They will take about a week - 10days BEFORE shipping your item. The reason for that is, it takes few days for the funds to transfer. They then take the money out of Paypal.
Now the crooks can substitude a piece of rock for the real item and send that. By the time you get the "junk", they would've already made money off of you. Now if you go through Paypal, they will tell you to send the item back (you pay ALL shipping AND insurance charges). On heavy items, your shipping and insurance would cost as much as the junk you're trying to send back. The crooks know you will probably never do that. No one in their right mind would spend, let's say $300 to recover Paypal's guaranteed refund of $175. Did you see something wrong with that logic? Paypal will guarantee you $175. The rest will be returned to you, ONLY if the crook has your money in their account. If not, that is all you will get.
The moral of this story/post is, DO NOT believe that deceiving "this transaction is guaranteed for" message from eBay/Paypal.

Username: Safe_cracker

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 1
I will make this my first post here about Indo Audio, bunch of b*stards! I bought a Kicker sx1250.1 amp from them and it took almost 3 weeks to ship it and another week just to get it! These people are just a bunch of stupid mother F_CKERS! I had to threaten him that I would personally fly there which I can for free and break my foot off in his @ss and it would only cost me a pair of shoes. Do not ever buy from them! Here is how you get around it, never ever use anything else but a CC through PayPal. Do not file a claim with PayPal but with your CC ONLY, they are some wicked people if you are on the wrong end, lol. The CC company will credit your account and go after him instead of you but there will be an investigation into the matter. Sorry about stealing your post but I needed to vent, lol... Polo.

Gold Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 4954
too bad Paypal is still in business. But that is life.

Gold Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 4955
too bad Paypal is still in business. But that is life

Gold Member
Username: Illuminator

USA

Post Number: 2548
I only buy used/broken items on ebay and have had surprisingly great experiences. At least fifty transactions of my total involve car audio from speakers to head units to amps(untested Rockfords which work great and others) to subs etc.

Bronze Member
Username: Dklotusjuggalo

Post Number: 47
My friend almost got screwed but we caught it just in time:

After "winning" the auction, my friend was asked to western union or bank transfer the money (never do that). It was then that I noticed (the next day) that the seller was no longer a registered user.

Then I looked at all their feedback. Every person that left a comment was no longer a registered user. And same for the people that left THEIR feedback. An endless loop of bullsh*t. Real comments from fake people. All comments left on the same day.

Not everything has signs like this. I told my friend he needs to be careful and read. Some things you can't avoid though. I've had good luck on ebay but i've also heard some horror stories...

Silver Member
Username: Young_james

Canada

Post Number: 641
I only like buying stuff I know that can't be fake on e-bay if you know what I mean. I bought a cuspid amp a long time ago, hence that I didn't have a clue about car audio at the time, and the seller told me that this amp will put out 300X4 so I could easily hook up 2 subs and feed them 600X2. I thought that this was awesome since it was only $45 or so. I bought it, and discovered that it was only 80X2, no where near the 300X4 he claimed. Although I did have good luck with a nice RF amp, but I still don't like buying from e-bay. I guess that there is too many risks involved.

Gold Member
Username: Illuminator

USA

Post Number: 2553
But like life, the higher the risk, the greater the reward haha

Silver Member
Username: Young_james

Canada

Post Number: 644
lol, you have a point there Jexx

Username: Safe_cracker

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 6
Jexx has a point. I have been learning how to repair my own amps and have noticed the surpising rising number of broken amps on E-Bay. They are looking very tempting but at least you know what you are getting!. The key thing about E-Bay is to ask A LOT of questions and research the feedbacks and be sure to use a insured credit card. Nothing is 100% but you can minimize any mishaps. JMHO...Polo. ;)

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 5270
My point exactly. There's a reason why the crooks take 2-3weeks before processing your order.
Paypal has a very BIG loophole that they refuse to fix.

Silver Member
Username: Goon

Post Number: 360
I had a similar problem with ebay. I bought something and the guy closed his ebay account the day after. I conatacted ebay...a waiste of time. I then contacted my credit card company who did give me my money back. I sent the payment through Bidpay(I will never do again) and now Bidpay is coming after me for the money, it's a bad cycle man. I will defenetly buy from the most reputable sellers i can.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us