Good Setup??

goinglow
Unregistered guest
I'm looking at powering some Alpine Type-R SWR-1042D, they are rated at 500watt RMS. I'm looking at the Alpine MRD-M1005 which is rated at Per channel into 4 ohms : 500W x 1.

I have seen some companies selling the smaller amp with this type-R sub, and using the bigger amp for the type-X subs. But basically wondering what I should do.

goinglow
Unregistered guest
Sorry the small amp I was referring to is the MRD-M605.

Gold Member
Username: Chaunb3400

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 4640
whats ur budget

goinglow
Unregistered guest
lets not talk about budget, lol, cause i know right now im looking at running 4 of these subs and 4 of those M1005 amps for each sub..and these amps aren't cheap.....I just want to make sure I do it right the first time that way I don't regret or want to redo something in the future. Also what would be different if I went with there 2ohm subs over the 4ohm subs, would I be able to run 2 subs off of 1 M1005 amp with a 2ohm load or what. Sorry I am very bad with this ohm rating, but just want to know exactly what my options are and how they would effect performance. Thanks again.

Silver Member
Username: Symplestiles

Stockton, CA Usa

Post Number: 452
if you dont want to redo something in future.. your arent going to want type r's.. seriously, whats your budget? if its not a factor, let us help ya get a system that will blow 4 type r's out the window. what kinda vehicle is the system going in? btw, register plz

goinglow
Unregistered guest
2003 chevy silverado, fully custom truck, going to build a fiberglass enclosure under the back seat to hold 4 10" woofers and mount the amps on the ceiling...mounting depth is a problem, these type r's will barely fit. budget...well like I said I really dont have a budget, but I'm getting deals on these type r's basically 3 for free, and can get good deals on the smaller alpine MRD-M605 amp. my buddy had 3 JL10W7 in his truck, and he said 4 of these type r's will blow my mind....so whats the difference between running these at 4 or 2 ohm load...thx
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us