Which amp true watts?

Bronze Member
Username: Banginscrew

Post Number: 26
i need 2 amps that push 1000 true RMS watts at 4 ohms or a 2000 true watt amp for a 1 ohm load i am wiring my 2 alpine typre X's 4 ohm DVC together to get a 1 ohm load

Username: Lincoln_ls_guy

Post Number: 7
in order to get a 4ohm load from that system, u would need to run the dvc in series, and then bridge the speakers. U only need one amp. And i'm gonna tell u EXACTLY what i told someone else today. Keep in mind that with the setup that I had, I was running this amp at 1/3 ohm.

"the Kicker ZR series amps are awesome! i had a zr240 (240 rms)($450 brand new when i got it) on three jl W6's and they hit HARD. There's a zr1000 on ebay right now with all the extra's. I'm not saying to buy that one in paticular, but it's a awesome amp."
http://cgi.ebay.com/Pristine-Kicker-ZR1000-Amp-Extras_W0QQitemZ5845313688QQcateg oryZ48598QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem#ebayphotohosting

Silver Member
Username: Blainew

Post Number: 362
diamond audio..rockford...jl...they push true rated power
and zapco...gowith 2 JL's....i think that what im doing

Bronze Member

Post Number: 32
to pricey im looking at a RF T2001bd

Silver Member

Post Number: 365
well it is underated...so you will for sure get the rated power...
i personlay cannot decide between that rockford...or the two JL's

Gold Member
Username: Bestmankind

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 1465
josh why would you need an amp that puts out true 1000wrms at 4ohms? if you parallel connect the voice coils on 1 sub you would end up with a 2ohm load. 1 sub can only be connected at 2 or 8ohm load.

Silver Member
Username: N2audio

Lawrence, Ks USA

Post Number: 108
it's hard to take people seriously when they talk about "bridging" speakers, and implying that a 4 ohm amp is ok to run at 1/3 only makes it worse.

Anonymous

hey man are you retarded josh? i have seen you post about this all over the forum. bunch of people have given you ideas on which amp to get and you just ignore what people say and keep on starting a new thread about your stupid type x and which amp you need. imo type x are crappy subs so just get a crappy amp and you will be fine.

Gold Member

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 1467
blaine i'll tell you one thing. if you get the jl amp you will be very pleased with the performance.

anonymous-register if you are going to put people down.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 35
lol yea i think your teh dumb@ss anonymous i acre what you think i keep gettin almost teh same ideas from each post everyone says 2 JL 1000.1 or a Orion 2500 i dont want to spend that much money on the JLS and Orions suck now so F uck you. and chad i dot kno that much aobut speakers i only knew wiring two 4 ohm DVC subs would make a 1 ohm load but thank you now i have lots more searching to do but i sitll think im going to go with the RF T20001BD but please list better amps tehn that so i can look into them thanks

Silver Member

Post Number: 370
the better amps were listed....zapco...JL.....diamond

Gold Member

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 1476
okay josh here are some more choices......

JBL BPX2200.1--------$1134.00
2450wrms @ 4ohms (you can connect in series-parallel to achieve the 4ohm load)

SOUNDSTREAM TARANTULA 1-------$999.00
2000wrms @ 4ohms

SOUNDSTREAM PCA2000D---------$629.00
2000wrms @ 1ohm

the prices were from www.woofersetc.com i am sure if you look around you might be able to find better prices. i just don't have the time to look for bargains for you as well. lol.

Silver Member
Username: James_g

TN

Post Number: 437
Should be able to find those amps alot cheaper. Woofersetc is pretty expensive compared to most online stores.

Josh, you have tons of options. Kicker, Orion, JBL, Memphis, MMATS, PPI, Xtant, and several others are on par with Rockford. There are other brands that are better, but you said you don't want to spend that much.

Silver Member
Username: Dustin3

Tigard, Or U.S.

Post Number: 143
ebay
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us