What amp should i use

Username: Berns

Post Number: 1
i just bought 2 audiobahn aw1200n subs. There dvc 4 ohm subs with 700 rms per each of them. i was wondering if anyone could recommend a good amp to use with them without spending alot of money. i was thinking about buying the lanzar htg254 for them wit 2x650 rms at 2 ohms, but i didnt really hear anything about the quality of lanzar amps.if someone could recoomend something thanks.

Silver Member
Username: Tjmutlow

Post Number: 513
how much do you wnat to spend?

Username: Berns231

Post Number: 1
ill spend anywhere up to about $300. i found the lanzar htg254 for about $168 it sounds like a good deal but im not sure on if its a good amp or if theres any other amps out there better for the price.

Bronze Member
Username: N2audio

Lawrence, Ks USA

Post Number: 51
the heritage is ok at the price, but the power specs are way off. It's only going to give you 700-800 real watts.

If you're set on new I'd recommend either the Lanzar Vibe 1800D on ebay - it will do 1200w at 1 ohm, or the Hifonics 1205d at onlinecarstereo.com.

If you're open to buying a refurbished amp the Orion 1200D at ikesound is a steal, and a beautiful piece of equpment - about $215 shipped - they're ~$400 new, online car stereo actually lists it at $799.

Username: Berns231

Post Number: 2
what is the actuall difference between new and refurbished do they just fix up old amps and does the quailty go down at all being refurbished.

bullpup
Unregistered guest
I have 3 subs and i dont know what kind of amp too use. i do want them all hooked up on the same amp though. please help

Silver Member
Username: Dustin3

Tigard, Or U.S.

Post Number: 136
there basically is no difference between new and refurbished its just that the refurbished amp was sent back to the main company and they fixed everything init. the quality really doesnt go down because they fix it to go 100% fully functional.

Username: Lincoln_ls_guy

Post Number: 4
audiobahns are funny with their 4 ohm dvc. try to find an amp that is 1 ohm stable (2 ohm stereo). otherwise your not gonna get all the power out of the amp.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us