Can i run 6 8"subs on 1 amp

Unregistered guest
I am wanting to run 6 8" subs off one amp.
How should i go about doing this? I was wondering if i could run a 2-channel amp with 3 subs to each channel

Can anyone help??

Well the reason I am using 6 8s is i am putting them under a friends rear seat in his extended cab truck ... the box is a lot smaller than the one i would have to use for 12s. His main conscern is space ... he wants to take up as little as possible with still getting a lot of punch.

The speakers are Rockford Fosgate Punch stage 1
4-ohm , 50-150 RMS, SVC, Peak 300w

WE don't have an amp yet ....

Silver Member
Username: Cadillacdb

Houston , TX

Post Number: 293
Dam man , i was hopen you would say that you had 6 ohm DVC subs to do this with but you want to do it with 4 ohms SVC Subs So if you Run 3 of those subs together you would only be able to come to a impedance 1.34 ohms

Run D
Unregistered guest
https://www.ecoustics.com/electronics/forum/car-audio/181326.html

Silver Member

Houston , TX

Post Number: 294
But 1.34 ohms is fine just be sure that your amp is 1 ohm stable ... what type of amp do you plan to use an if you dont know how to wire the speakers, below is a link to the woofer wiring wizard so just put in 3 subs an there impedance an it will give you a wiring diagram which should be easy enough to figure out LOL

http://www.rockfordfosgate.com/rftech/wiringwizard.asp?WoofQty=2+woofers&WoofImp =Dual+Voice+Coil+-+4+ohms+x+2&image.x=17&image.y=3

murph525
Unregistered guest
i haven't got an amp yet ... i was waiting to get some feedback and help first to make sure that i could run it the way i was thinking of....

Silver Member

Houston , TX

Post Number: 299
Run D ,why dont you register?

murph525
Unregistered guest
i probably will ... i just found this site last night .... it is pretty helpful ... to be able to talk to other guys who know a lot more than i do ... I have always done this as a hobby and have built some pretty sweet boxes for a few friends ... but am not the expert when it comes to all the ohms, etc...

murph525
Unregistered guest
Another question ... what instead if i ran all 6 speakers off a mono amp or if i bridged a 2 channel ... would that change the ohms??
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us