Concept 1200W or JL 500/1

Username: Silent_one98

AldergroveCanada

Post Number: 7
friend has 2 kicker cvr 10'' subs can't decide on used concept 1200W amp for $400 or used JL 500/1 for $500 any suggestions/opinions?

Bronze Member
Username: Hootz

Saskatoon, Saskatchewan Canada

Post Number: 32
Go with the JL. I don't think anyone will argue that it's a good amp. In my opinion, concept is overpriced garbage. The only reason I say that is any car I've seen that has concept has seriously underperformed. For example, in a db drag in my hometown, i beat a mustang hatchback with 2 concept 12's and at least 1000W rms to each sub off of concept amps, with my 2 10" rockford punch xlc's in a bandpass with a 100W....yes....50 watts per sub rms Punch 100a2 amp. And it wasn't even close. I hit 141.2 and he didn't even crack 140. I actually felt sorry for him, because he just dumped $6000 into his whole stereo. Mind you, that was in 2002, and concept hadn't been around for very long. Maybe someone can argue that they've improved. But I can't even give them the chance after that kind of a beating.

Silver Member
Username: Tjmutlow

Post Number: 199
Go with Jl and that is way to much for a used 500/1

Silver Member
Username: Rob_preg

Royal oak, Michigan United states

Post Number: 240
try looking on ebay for the jl 500/1. you can usually find new ones for 350-400.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us