Curious question about wiring

skeurton
Unregistered guest
i have a mazda 6 with a bose stereo. the bose amp is underneath the passenger seat. it runs to the four cabin speakers and has a preamp line running to the bose sub, which has its own amp. all the speakers are 2 ohms.

now, what i would like to do is install another amp without removing the bose amp. i would like to use this for other audio devices (laptop, minidisc, iPod, etc.). so here's what i was thinking...

-use a 4-channel amp with 2 RCA inputs and 1 RCA preamp output
-split connection from laptop, MD, or iPod into 2 RCA connections to run into the 2 RCA inputs on the amp
-run the speaker wires from the amp and splice them into the existing cabin speaker wires
-run connection from the amp's RCA output and splice it into the preamp line going to the bose sub

is this even possible??? if this can work, then the head unit would not even have to be on when using other audio devices. plus, i could put a switch inline to the amp so that i can turn it off if i decide to use the radio. it makes sense in my head. but then again, i've never really done any extensive audio work.

what do you think? am i wasting my time even thinking about it?

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 2192
the line voltage for that bose system is 10V, and you need a special LOC adapter for the bose sub amp harness to splice from it to a 4 volt line signal.
it's a pain in the butt, but it can be done.

skeurton
Unregistered guest
what if i left the sub out of the picture? will i still need LOC's to splice from the speakers to the amp? and would you happen to know where i can get this special LOC?

thanks for the help. i really appreciate it.

Username: Cadillacstyle0

Post Number: 4
glass wolf help im new to this--i want to run a fosgate rfx-9020 cd player with 3 pre amp out puts and two amps a punch 45 and a punch 30 hd

two fosgate 10 inch rfz-3810 8 ohm 150 rms / 400 peak subs - single voice coil

two fosgate dome tweeters fnp-3401x 4 ohm 50/100 rms/peak--

two fosgate 3.5 inch frc-4203 2-15 rms /30w peak --
two fosgate 6x9 inch frc-4269 8w- 75w rms/ 150w peak --

my question is how can i get my woofers to get down to 4 ohms or even 2 ohms they are single voice coils and is the punch 45 going to make them hit HARD?

2) will my punch 30 hd be able to handle two tweeters and two 3.5 inch and two 6x9s?

3) will all of this sound good together?

any advise will be appreciated

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 2199
jeff quit the cross-posting and thread hijacking.
its rude.

www.metraonline.com makes the adapters, I think, for that bose system.
or you can hand build one if need be and you know what you're doing.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us