Question about power, ground, and remote wire. Glasswolf...need help.

Username: Kasmos_vxa

Post Number: 5
Hey, I have a couple questions on installing my amp.
1) Do I need to connect the end of the power wire to the actual wires coming from the battery, or to the metal screw around the wires.
2) Does my ground wire HAVE to be connected to the frame of the car? There is a lot of metal in my trunk that I was planning on sand papering and connecting it to there.
3) Can I connect my remote wire to a cut speaker wire since it turns on when my car turns on and off when the car is off? I already cut a speaker wire in the trunk to install an RCA converter(can't get my head unit off).
4) Is a 4 gauge wire meant for 800 watts ok if I use it for a 1500 watt peak Hifonics Brutus 1500Watt D-Class amp supplying power for two 15"s?

PLEASE help me out anyone because I'm getting pretty stressed on this ordeal and want to get them in before the weekend is over. I've had the speakers for a month and haven't been able to install them yet.

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 2023
1) Do I need to connect the end of the power wire to the actual wires coming from the battery, or to the metal screw around the wires.

you use a ring terminal or a new battery post adapter and connect the cable to the battery post.

2) Does my ground wire HAVE to be connected to the frame of the car? There is a lot of metal in my trunk that I was planning on sand papering and connecting it to there.

if the metal is a true chassis ground point, that's fine.

3) Can I connect my remote wire to a cut speaker wire since it turns on when my car turns on and off when the car is off? I already cut a speaker wire in the trunk to install an RCA converter(can't get my head unit off).

no. you connect remote trigger to an ignition line if you don't have a remote trigger wire.

4) Is a 4 gauge wire meant for 800 watts ok if I use it for a 1500 watt peak Hifonics Brutus 1500Watt D-Class amp supplying power for two 15"s?

if the amp is going to put out 1500wRMS, you'll need 2AWG cable.

Username: Kasmos_vxa

Post Number: 6
Thanks, I appreciate it.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us