Need help, 2 12"s, 2 10"s, 2 980w amps

Unregistered guest
I have 2 12" mtx 5500 thunder 300rw each, 2 10" mtx 5500 300rw each, and 2 980watt power acoustik amps. i got the 12's to one amp and the 10's to the other. I am using a power distribution block to power them. I have it all hooked up but the amps wont come on. My question is what do i need to check. Do i need a remote wire to both amps? make sure the ground wires are good? I have a 100 fuse on the power near the battery, is that enough? How long should the RCA's be, i have them hooked to both amps but kind of long? just really want it to come on, please help.

Bronze Member
Username: Rideredder

Cornell, IL USA

Post Number: 82
Yes, you need the remote wire to go to both amps. Checking the ground wires wouldn't be a bad idea either. The RCA's just have to be long enough to reach your amplifiers, if they are longer, no problem, just loop them in a figure eight and use a zip tie or something to tie them in the middle.

But i'm guessing that your problem is with the remote wire. Just run one wire from your HU's power supply and splice it both amps.

Steve Oooooo
Unregistered guest
Thx, Im gonna try it, the remote is probably the problem. Woke up this morning and the first amp (w/remote) works and so do the corresponding 12"s. Thanks again.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us