On/Off amp switch

DUB
Unregistered guest
Where can I get a on-off switch for my amp, and how do I install it?

Silver Member
Username: Mixmastaspig

Okanagan, B.C Canada

Post Number: 121
If your amp was installed properly it will turn on when you turn on the ACCESORY (key all the way back)

DUB
Unregistered guest
No right, the amp turns on and all, but I need a switch to turn off so I can listen to my sytem while my truck is off, so I wont run down the battery. I know I can just dissconect the REM wire but I still want a switch anyway.

Silver Member
Username: Mixmastaspig

Okanagan, B.C Canada

Post Number: 126
Well im pretty sure you woudl have to just turn the key BACK and not start your truck. As your CD player would need to be turned on also. or you would have to hook both up I guess...not sure how or if you can do that!

Username: Bran2020

Muskegon, MI USA

Post Number: 1
I wanted to do the same thing just for a different reason. Sometimes I got sick of so much bass, but I still wanted to listen to the radio. What I did was buy a little 2 prong toggle switch for like $2 at Wal-Mart and hooked that up to my REM wire. I cut the wire, hooked one side up to one part on the switch and the other side of the wire to the other part of the switch. That way when the switch is turned on it closes the circuit and sends power to your amp. I have had no problems with this.

The switch also comes in handy when you're passing cops. Nobody wants a sound violation ticket now do they.

I hope this helps you.

Silver Member
Username: Robert_d

MIA, FL USA

Post Number: 181
i was going to do that also brandon but my head unit lets me cut off the signal goin to my amp
you head units dont got that option ?

DUB
Unregistered guest
Thanks brandon, so just buy a 2 prong switch and cut the REM wire then, sounds easy, yea I want to do it because sometimes there is to much bass, I do turn the bass knob down but when I listen to music while my truck is off I dont want to run down the battery. Yes my HU does have that option but I have to go through like 2 sets of options to get to it.

Gold Member
Username: Kd7nfr

Montpelier, ID United States

Post Number: 1030
Robert: that's just the signal. I like the piece of mind knowing the amp is off, and a switch is a lot easier to turn on/off than go through the d@mn menu... I like the light up switches too...

Bronze Member
Username: Tyler33

Post Number: 36
Im setting my system up now and I dont have a switch. But on my head unit I do have ATT for when Im going by a cop. Also if I get sick of bass I have sub output, can't I just change that?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us