Toyota camry

Anonymous

i have a 99 toyota camry, i have a 2000 watt 4 channel amp and two 12s pushing 1000w each. i have connected everything correctly, all the fuses are working fine and for some reason the amp will not turn on. i even changed the REM wire. i need some help.

Bronze Member
Username: Kurczak323

Lindenhurst, Il

Post Number: 25
hey do you knew whats the size of front speakers i have the same car and i am about to order them but i dont want to take my door apart

Silver Member
Username: Jron

Post Number: 120
check your ground, are you sure that amp is 2000 watts rms? anyways, even if it is not, if you have two decent 12's, then you will need a ho alternator in the near future.

Anonymous

no its not, its 2000w peak power, but i'll be sure to check the ground.

Anonymous

i have checked my ground wire and it is fine. i realized that if i bridge my 12v batt wire to my rem wire the amp turns on. but it will not turn off when the radio turns off. i think the rem is not pushing enough power, but im not sure.

Gold Member
Username: Basshead86

Ocala, FL USA

Post Number: 1605
the remote wire should be hooked up to the back of your HU, not your battery, that's why it won't shut off when the HU shuts off.

astrosafari7733
Unregistered guest
hey muddy why am i not able to enter any of the other threads? the only ones i can get into are this 1 and the one above it

astrosafari7733
Unregistered guest
in car audio i can only get into amplifiers and the one above that

Gold Member
Username: Basshead86

Ocala, FL USA

Post Number: 1607
they are messed up, this happens at least once a week.

nick_sq
Unregistered guest
"i have checked my ground wire and it is fine. i realized that if i bridge my 12v batt wire to my rem wire the amp turns on. but it will not turn off when the radio turns off. i think the rem is not pushing enough power, but im not sure."

Then the problem lies somewhere in either your remote line, or your head unit's turn on lead system. You may have cooked it. Worst case you deadwire your remote wire and add a fuse/toggle switch to turn on your amp...

Silver Member
Username: James_g

TN

Post Number: 250
Just run the remote wire to a switched fuse in your fuse box.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us