What ohms is this?

im_up_in_dis_here
Unregistered guest
so i gots 2 a-bahn's wif 2x 4ohms. and i got some boss 6x9 in boxes. the audiobahns are 1800w each, 900w per coil. cant i just wire the 6x9s into my deck?

how many ohms do i get if i just wire one coil from each sub to my amp (boss 2000w two-ch).? i wanna do this cuase i dont want too get 2 amps.

Silver Member
Username: Jaackdeth

United States

Post Number: 589
Just my opinion, I would do that, your HU isn't going to power the 6x9's like an amp would.

Silver Member
Username: Jaackdeth

United States

Post Number: 590
Just my opinion, I would'nt do that, your HU isn't going to power the 6x9's like an amp would.

Silver Member
Username: Basshead86

Ocala, FL USA

Post Number: 927
what is the RMS wattage on your boss amp?
and what is the model # on that audiobahn?

Bronze Member
Username: Tj80

Vancouver, BC Canada

Post Number: 30
I'm pretty sure wiring up only one coil per sub is a bad plan... I'm no expert, but I've heard people say it's bad for them.

You can make those two subs all be a single 4 ohm channel though... can you bridge your amp, and run it at 4 ohms bridged mono?

Just connect the two voice coils on each sub up in series, to make an 8 ohm load per sub. Then wire the 2 8 ohm subs in parallel. Back to 4 ohms.

Most 2 channel amps will run bridged @ 4 ohms.

Silver Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 398
NEVER EVER wire up only 1 coil in a DVC sub - u will screw it up permanently . Everywhere u read about DVC they will tell u that - its like having a 4 cylinder engine & having the spark plugs connected to 2 cylinders .

U can however test if each coil is working with just a tiny amount of volume briefly if u wanna hear that its working .

What Muddy said - give model numbers on each item u intend to use .

Username: Tasattack

Post Number: 4
for 4ohms on 2 dvc audiobahns run a single wire from the + to the - terminal on the subs. Then wire up the existang openings on the terminals to your amp.

but i know a way to make it hit a lot harder, allthough one sub will be getting a lil bit more power than the other.

on each sub run enough wire to go around the magnent, hook it up correctly, + to + and - to - hook up one side of the voice coil on each sub, and make your connections to your box.

from your box you would generally run a wire to go from the + to the - and then run a wire from each side of the box to your amp, bridge it. it may take a couple tries to get the polarity right.

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 9950
yes you can run the 6x9s from the deck power.
wire the coils of each sub together in parallel. that'll give you a pair of 2 ohm subs.
then put one sub on each channel of that 2 channel amp. you'll have a 2 ohm stereo load, so whatever the amp is rated for at two ohms stereo in RMS watts is what you'll get for power.

that all ya needed to know?

parallel coils would mean both + coils go to the + amp channel, and both - speaker terminals go to the amp's - wire, one sub on each channel of the amp this way
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us