Zapco Ref350.2 and Xtant 6.1 Setup

Bronze Member
Username: Maz66

Post Number: 21
The setup that I am looking to install within a month or two consists of a Zapco Ref350.2 (2 x 100wrms @ 4ohms) and an Xtant 6.1 (1 x 600wrms @ 2ohms). I input all my data into the system design assistant of BCAE1.com (http://www.bcae1.com/images/swfs/systemdesignassistant.swf) and it recommends 4awg minimum wire for the main power line from the battery to the distribution block. Is this sufficient or should I go up to 2awg from battery to distribution block and 4awg from distribution block to amps? I am leaning more towards using 4awg because its cheaper and there are lots of different amp wiring kits available for that size. Or should I just be safe and go for 2awg from battery to distribution block? Any thoughts?

Bronze Member
Username: Tj80

Vancouver, BC Canada

Post Number: 23
Well, what if you ever wanted to replace one of those amps with something a tiny bit bigger? If that's not really a possibility, then you're good to go with the 4awg. But I'm in exactly the same boat, and I'm going to go 2awg, just so I have some room for growth.

It would be a pain to have to re-run a 2awg down the road if I end up needing more power...

Bronze Member
Username: Maz66

Post Number: 22
Thanks for the response Travis, I guess you are right and I will most likely get 2awg from the battery. However, do you know anywhere online that supplies good quality 2awg ANL fuse holders? There are heaps of 1/0awg and 4awg holders but barely any 2awg.

Bronze Member
Username: Tj80

Vancouver, BC Canada

Post Number: 25
I think you can put a 2awg wire in a 1/0awg fuse holder... just change the size of the fuse to something more appropriate for 2awg.

www.knukonceptz.com has one where that is true for sure... you can specify what size of fuse to have included as well.

BCAE1 should be able to tell you what size of fuses to use there, and at the distribution block.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us