Sony X plode any good??

Username: Vp578

Sutton, MA United States

Post Number: 1
im getting 4 sony x plode 12 inch subs and i was going to power it with 2 sony x plode class d mono amps but people are telling me that thay dont have good sound quality or bass

Bronze Member
Username: Chaunb3400

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 46
even on a budget there not worth it

Username: Vp578

Sutton, MA United States

Post Number: 2
Why, is it really gonna sound that bad with 4 of them and 2 amps??

Silver Member
Username: James_g

TN

Post Number: 154
It may not sound "that bad", but Sony's car audio equipment is considered junk by most people.

I once read a review from a bench test on one of their so-called 1200w mono amps. It put out a laughable 200w RMS.

Save your money and get better equipment. Even if you have to drop down to two 12s, it will be worth it. Avoid Sony products.

Username: Cadillacdb

Houston , TX

Post Number: 5
sony X Plode subs sound like crap in my opinion an the amps dont bench test any where near theyre power ratings.. a good saying to go by is if they sell the name brand you are looking into at any Wal Mart then its probably not worthy of puting in your trunk

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 9760
Xplod subs can get loud, but the SQ is horrid, and reliability of anything currently made by sony for car audio is even worse.

Silver Member
Username: Pikesh

Post Number: 145
sorry but SONY SUCKX a s s ... its the worst sub tha tu can prolyl get man lol ad another 20 n get something decent... i would say even pioneer is better.. for what i know pioneer subs are 10-30$ expensive than sony so if u have a budget then get pioneer.

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 4566
Look at Resonant Engineerings RE line of subwoofers, their 12" subs are only $76 each, and are FAR better than anything Sony makes. JBL, MTX, and Cadence offer great budget amplifiers, Kicker may be within your price range as well.

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 4567
http://www.reaudio.com

Username: Rkjones84

Post Number: 5
I really don't see why people think that sony stuff is so bad I put a sony head unit, 2 10" x-plods and a i believe 400 watt xplod amp in my girlfriends car and i thought they sounded pretty good and hit pretty decent considering i paid like 400 bucks for the whole set up

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 4197
Now go listen to a real audio setup. Then you'll know why Sony is below standards. Good thing you installed it in your gf's car. Females tend to listen at low volumes and don't push the system to their limit.
Had you installed that crapola in your car, it would've been blown by now. All it takes is for someone to turn up the volume past sissy level, and it'll burn itself out.
Sony is very disappointing.
I've tested their mini MD portable players recently. Let me tell you, I'd like to shove that thing up their "back pockets". Not only have they killed a technology that could've been good, they also assumed everyone buying that crap would be stealing music. So they secretly put in a copy protection scheme. Did you know that, they limit the number of times you can copy a song onto the unit? It doesn't matter that you "OWN" the original cd. They also restrict making backup copy of your original MD disk. Again, they assume everyone who owns their azz unit will be swapping it. I bet if it were up to Sony, the music CD you buy, would not be copyable even for your own backup. Come to think of it, they tried that before without telling consumers before.
Just gets me angry whenever I see Sony products. Who do they think they are? Not everyone steals. I wonder if they were against the invention of photocopy machines.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us