Mono Amp???

Bronze Member
Username: Kober

Post Number: 23
I got a few questions about my Amp. Im wondering why theres 4 connections on my Mono Amp? Its got the + and - and then the two outsides are + and -. I heard its for DVC Subs?

The Hz Dial. Whats this supposed to be set at? Does my sub have that rating I gotta set it at?

Bronze Member
Username: Infinity_addict

Santa Rosa, California USA

Post Number: 90
read the amp's manual to find out what the HZ dial is.

the two connections are to give you some wiring options, keep in mind though, that they aren't two separate channels (it's one split channel). meaning, if you have two 4 ohm SVC woofers, and you hook each up to their own terminals, you'll give the amp a 2 ohm load.

Anonymous

What holes do I connect my Single sub into then?I only got one sub. Would it matter if they were 2 DVC subs? Because then I'd have to wire them both up so both of them wouldn't be lower than 2 right? I'd have to wire them both up 8 ohm if we were to say they're 4 Ohm DVC to get a total load of 4? The sub I got is a SVC 8 ohm. The amp puts out 125w RMS at 4 ohms. Is my sub only getting 75W?

Bronze Member
Username: Infinity_addict

Santa Rosa, California USA

Post Number: 97
just connect the pos and neg wires from yer sub to any of their respective terminals (neg to neg, pos to pos).
don't worry bout wiring for DVC subs till you get some.
yer sub will only be getting 62.5W RMS (half of 125). double the load, half the power.

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 9181
RTFM.

set the LPF to 60 or 80Hz
you have two sets of terminals for wiring two subs to the amplifier in parallel more easily.
I love when people don't even bother to read the directions and try to install an amplifier themselves with no clue what tehy're doing instead of paying a few bucks more to have someone do it for them properly.

Anonymous

Wow. That sub was playing very hard, and loud for it only getting 65Watts. Would this explain why I gotta turn the sensitivity up alot to pound good times? 4ohm sub is what I would want.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us