Bridging Amp and Subs

Username: Kirkizzle

Post Number: 10
ok, i got 2 12's and a 1600 watt amp...i bridged the subs..(ran speaker wire from amp to sub, then another set of wire from sub to sub)

i used 12 gauges speaker wire for amp to sub, and 18 gauge for the sub sub....it worked good but i had soem excess 12 gauge so i went to replace the 18 gauge with the excess 12 gauge...i did so and now the subs arent kickin......please helpppp

Bronze Member
Username: James_g

TN

Post Number: 17
You didn't "bridge" the subs. You wired them in parallel.

What kind of amp do you have? What kind of subs? Are they SVC or DVC? How many ohms?

Not sure why they quit working because of a simple wire change, but you need to give the details of exactly what you have.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 11
AMP: 1600 Watt 4 Channel pyramid amp

Subs: 2 12" audiogods (offbrand) 600 watt, 4 ohms

i dont know what SVC or DVC are

Bronze Member

TN

Post Number: 22
SVC = Single Voice Coil
DVC = Dual Voice Coils

You're using a 4-channel amp? Are you just using a single channel on your subs? You said you ran wires from the amp to one sub, then wires from that sub to another sub. I'm a little confused as to what you're doing.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 13
ok i have speaker wire runnin from the amp to the sub...on the amp, the sub is bridged on channels 3/4 , channels 1/2 are left unused....and then i have wires from the one sub, to the other sub

Bronze Member

TN

Post Number: 26
My guess would be that amp isn't stable at 2 ohms bridged. You have two channels bridged and you have two 4 ohm subs wired in parallel which gives you a 2 ohm load. Check the specs on your amp to see if it's supposed to be stable bridged with a 2 ohm load.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us