Amp problem....very urgent

Chris 777
Unregistered guest
My amp keeps hitting even thought there is no volume(volume level is on zero).

I have a Rockfor phosgate power series amp and 2 12" P3. The subs just keep hitting randomly, some days that happens and other days everything is back to normal what could be the problem. Also i tried it with the car off so i kno it is not from the alternator.

Please help guys.

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 3797
Unhook your rca cable to the amp and test it. See if it still happens.
If you have DMM, measure the voltage whenever it occurs. Sometimes if the voltage drops or raises too high, it can cause popping sound.
Check your ground wire along with gain/level setting.

Username: Omen34

Post Number: 8
I have this same problem and i have tried tons of things to fix it. Can someone explain in detail on what exactly they want me to do to fix this. thanks

Chris 777
Unregistered guest
i checked the gain settings and it was all the way down, but its weird it juss comes and goes, it will not do it all the time, mostly in the mornings. (if that has anything to do with it), i think it might be the ground, but if it was why would the problem come and go like that?

Username: Omen34

Post Number: 10
ya man same exact thing is happening to me, and i have tried tons of things to fix it. And yes, mine happens in the mornings alot also HELP!@!@

Username: Pelon777

Post Number: 1
what is the solution to this problem????

Gold Member

Post Number: 3845
Get a DMM and do as I have explained above. The popping sound is usually caused by shifting of power.

Post Number: 2
what is DMM?

Gold Member

Post Number: 3850
DMM = Digital MultiMeter. It is sold everywhere, including Radio Shack. They cost anywhere from $10 to $1000+.

Post Number: 4
Ohh you mean a volt meter, the thing i dont get is why it is shifting power. It didnt happen this morining(knock on wood), i hope this problem isnt f**king up my amp or subs, is it?

*Also after i check with the volt meter, what should i do if i find out that it is shifting power?

Gold Member

Post Number: 3852
Anything that makes your subs pop isn't good.
Once you find out what's happening to the internal voltage, you'll be able to get a better picture.
If the voltage drops below 12.5v, then your alternator is not supplying anything. If it moves up and down between 14.5v and 12.5v, then you have alternator problem.
Lot of the times, when the voltage is above 15v or falls below 12v, it can cause the popping sound or cause the subs to move.
You might also want to disconnect all rca cables to the amp and see if the problem still occurs.

Post Number: 5
Hey Isaac this problem still occurs even when the engine is not running. So i know it cant be from the alternator.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 11
I dont understand this stupid problem its giving me sumtimes. When i hooled up my own system it sounded perfect. Ever since i had a place install it for me i have had problems.

Bronze Member
Username: Betard

Post Number: 22
If you had "a place" install it for you, and have had these problems "ever since", why didnt you go back right away and have them deal with it. How long ago was it? Maybe you could still go back and have them troubleshoot it.

Gold Member

Post Number: 3858
Chris, did you unhook the rca cable to the amp? See if the problem goes away. It could be that the rca cable is pinched or cut slightly and shorting out.
Get a portable cd player and hook it up to the amp. If the problem never occurs, then the amp is fine. Next get another rca cable and bypass your current one. If the problem comes back then you have a HU problem.
Basically, test each component separately.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 12
O i c!!....thanks alot guys
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us