Alpine Type - R

Silver Member
Username: Tdbdrummer

Post Number: 293
Ok, this is gonna sound crazy, but I may sometime in the future look into upgrading my subs. Although it could be in the FAR FAR future lol, how would the Alpine Type - R compare to my current Volfenhags? I noticed that the Typer - R is only 500W more on the MAX rating, and was wondering if it's worth all the money they cost? Thanks!

Silver Member
Username: Alias747

Post Number: 107
MAX ratings mean nothing. Look at RMS its more accurate. Even then, just because a sub handles more power doesn't always mean the sub is better either. I would say look into the Type R's over the Volf's any day. But thats just me.

Silver Member
Username: Illuminator

Post Number: 274
Yeah, you're totally right.

Silver Member

Post Number: 294
Well, I currently have the Volf's and I figure, I won't be happy with them after about a year or so, so I'm looking for something spiffy looking, that performs well, and is a good brand as well as a similar power handling, as I am not out to blow my car up with sound. I knew Alpine made good HU's but didn't know about subs. The only thing that worries me about the Type R's is the accordion style surround on the subs. It reminds me a lot of a highly efficient yet crappy SQ PA speaker used for a band. Does the accoridion style surround on these subs affect anything as opposed to a normal rounded foam surround?

Silver Member
Username: Alias747

Post Number: 109
No the accordion surround just allows the sub to have more excursion. More excursion = louder sound. Trust me, the Alpine Type X's have the same "accordion" surround and they have very good SQ. But, it also depends on what kind of amp you have running the subs too, that can have a big affect as to how good SQ you get.

Silver Member

Post Number: 296
The amp I would be using is of course my Audiobahn A800T. I think I'll run it 'til it dies lol!

wonderin
Unregistered guest
speaking of the alpine type-x, isaac, how is the spl suppose to be on it. Especially if one were to run a kicker kx600.1 to it?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us