Remote Wire Hook up

Bronze Member
Username: Gravy30

Canada, Alberta

Post Number: 21
ok, everything is done on my system but running the remote wire. can i use one strand of speaker wire for this? or is there special wire? thanks

Gold Member
Username: Fishy

Tamarac Ft.Laud, FL USA

Post Number: 1188
Yep, anything between 16 and 20 gauge should be fine. Some RCA cables even come with a built in conductor that can be used as a turn-on wire. These are usually really small gauge however and I have occasionally had problems getting a number of amps to turn on using these lil guys.

-Fishy

Bronze Member

Canada, Alberta

Post Number: 22
so take the speaker wire, tear it apart into the two parts. take one, strip the end, crimp it to the wire on the deck and then run it to my amp? it is 16 guage speaker wire.

Gold Member

Tamarac Ft.Laud, FL USA

Post Number: 1190
Yep, that'll work, or just leave it like it is, twist the ends together, and replace it later. That way you'll still have a usable piece of speaker wire.

-Fishy

Bronze Member

Canada, Alberta

Post Number: 23
oh ok, so it wont hurt to use both positive and negative together as one wire? or just strip one half and not use the other? sry and thanks

Gold Member

Tamarac Ft.Laud, FL USA

Post Number: 1198
Nope although the h/u's remote wire will probably crimp better if you use a smaller b.u.t.t connector. If you don't think you'll ever need the speaker wire go ahead and strip it.

-Fishy

Username: G3nocd3

San Jose, Ca USA

Post Number: 2
Its fine. if you want a good idea. I use a switch instead of the deck remote. Works better. If you are parked and the vehicle is not runnin it wont kill your battery if you have subs hooked up. Hense point in switch. Turn amps off but leave deck on. Try it. Its nice.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us