Is my amp fried??

Greggs
Unregistered guest
i was listening to my music.. Dual 12 inch subs 1100 watts.. and 1200 sony amp.. and it stopped working for like 15 seconds and then started again and did this for 3 minutes then i stopped... i checked on it and it was scolding hot... and then i tried the next day and it didn't work?? the lights on as if it were ready to go.....help??

Silver Member
Username: Kojak28

Augusta, GA USA

Post Number: 131
I ain't tryin' to make ya' mad here- But, uh, did u get suckered in buyin' the Walmart special? How you got the subs wired? Chances are the ohm load is too low. Sony amps are UNBELIEVABLY overrated.

Greggs
Unregistered guest
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=7044085&type=product&productCatego ryId=cat03081&id=1099396976115

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=6254867&type=product&productCatego ryId=cat03085&id=1069302879573

Silver Member
Username: Kojak28

Augusta, GA USA

Post Number: 133
OK that explains it. I'm gonna tell you from experience, SONY AIN't the way to go. How do you have the subs wired? Did you have the gain(s) turned all the way up? That is a cool-lookin' box, but maybe you should try something else if you want it to last.

Silver Member
Username: Bnd_rulez

Phoenix, AZ USA

Post Number: 210
The only reasonable advice that can be given is get a different amp. Sony is another way to spell sh!t.

Bronze Member
Username: Stylnul

Victorville, CA US

Post Number: 16
i've actually heard that box one of my friend received that box as a present, he didnt like it much, but its better than running bass off of smaller speakers, that box comes wired in parallel they sound nice, they dont hit very hard but he takes care of them and theyve lasted about 3 months and still thump

Bronze Member
Username: Abew330

Camarillo, Ca Usa

Post Number: 26
you got ripped of if you bought that sony amp from bestbuy. dude said it.. sony spells sh*t

Bronze Member
Username: Abew330

Camarillo, Ca Usa

Post Number: 27
how do the subs sound?

Anonymous

WOW NICE SYSTEM, DONT HURT YOUR BACK PICKING UP THOSE 38 OZ. Magnets in the subwoofers, or your 1200....(really 50)watt Sony amp... Im just bursting ur bubble, ur system is ok, but never buy from best buy and research what u buy next time, NO SONY, just because they built a name for themselves DONT TRUST THEM WHEN IT SOMES TO CAR AUDIO.... GOOD LUCK IN THE FUTURE MAN

Anonymous

ive got those duals they dont sound that bad....they didnt......ill have to admit i got suckered in on ebay and bought a pyramid amp....i no i no i should shoot myslef i feel ashamed (it was only $60), but before it died it sounded alright, but now i gotta get a new amp cus i was dumb hahahah
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us