Hey Isaac?

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 1505
Hey man I have a question. What do you do to match up the input sensativity to the older (great amps) they are all rated at likr .2-2.5v. For instance my PPI a600.2 is rated at that also the orion 's are and so are tru tech's and US amps, and a few others. So I have a Alpine that puts out 4volts right! so how do I match this up to my PPI that only accepts up to 2.5?

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 1678
You can start at the minimum setting first. You'll find that somewhere between min and half way is where it'll sound best without distorting. I did that with my PPI A600.2 amp. Works great and hasn't shut down yet. In fact, even at almost max setting, the PPI worked fine without any distortion.
You know that the Orion HCCA G4s are rated up to 9v right?

Gold Member

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 1537
are they really? I thought they said 2.5 as well. I have my a600 at about 1/2 going to my avalanche 15 and it sounds awsome no complaints. this speaker is amazing it wont distort no matter what I throw at it.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1698
The Orion HCCA G4 is 5v max, but at the min setting, it'll handle 9v. It's one of those undocumented features.
Did you know that a week ago, someone put 275G4 on sale? I lost out by $10, plus the auction ended at 5am! What kind of seller would do that?

Gold Member

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 1542
yeah I saw that. I was going to get one of them about three weeks ago but now I have no use for that kind of power. I cant wait to get the 250:-) right now I am running my sub at 4ohms off my a600 do you think if I put the HCCA 250 on it at 1ohm I will notice a huge difference? It is already almost too loud for me to turn it up and listen to for long periods of time.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1701
I don't know about you, but I sure did. A600 is a nice amp but when it comes to bass, Orion HCCA G4 is even better cause of built in crossover. You have tigher control of bass boosting.
As for the loudness, you should find G4 amp slightly more pleasing. Somehow, I got better bass response with it.

Gold Member

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 1555
well I am deff gonna check it out and I will be able to check this thing out for myself. I have used the PPI in many different sub set-ups and this thing is amazing as long as you run it at 4ohms I coldnt imagine much better but I guess I will see. So question for you. When I hook it up you think I should use the x-over in the amp or continue to use the one on my deck?

Gold Member

Post Number: 1703
I prefer to let the amp do the filtering. I haven't seen too many HU with high quality crossover nor pre-amp.
To be able to tell the quality difference (very small) between PPI and G4, you will definitely need a set of quality speakers. My setup is a bit easier cause I have extra set of hard tweeters. Makes any flaw in the amp stand out.
I still can't believe Orion stopped making G4 amps. What were they thinking?

Gold Member

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 1560
I dont know man but the same thing can be said for PPI ya know. It's all directed's fault screw them! lol
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us