Memphis 3004 gain setting

Silver Member
Username: Jwbulger79

Florida

Post Number: 145
i set up my amp today and i'm not sure where to set the gains. my alpine Head unit is 4v. the manual said to put the hu volume at max and then turn the gains down till no distortion, but is there a specific setting it should be at for a 4v input, like half-way or a quarter up or something?

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 1629
Set your amp's gain to 4v to match your HU. So if the amp has 8v max, then set it half way.

Silver Member

Florida

Post Number: 146
right on. i'm not sure what the max is for my amp though. it only says "min" and "max." i emailed the memphis tech support and they told me to set hu volume at 3/4 and turn down till no distortion. i've emailed again to see what the max setting is, so hopefully i will hear back soon.

Silver Member

Florida

Post Number: 150
this is what the memphis tech support said:

"Actually the "rated" input sensitivity was from 400mv-4V. In reality, you can use a head unit that puts out 8V and it will be fine for our amp. Now, I must say, if you give the amp an 8V input, by all means the gain on the amp should be turned down all the way counter-clockwise.
If you give a 4V input, in theory it would be turned down all the way, but my guess would be no more than 1/4 of the way on the gain control.
Having a high-volt line-level signal is a good thing in car audio and it is no exception for our amplifiers. It's very difficult to achieve 8V for the most part, that's why I feel like you'll be ok and you can just keep the gain on the amp all
the way down and it will drive the amp to full output."

Silver Member

Florida

Post Number: 151
i put the gains at 1/8 of the way up. should that be good isaac? thanks.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us