Car audio in home

Username: Audiobahn1155

Post Number: 1
can i hook up my car audio amplifier and cd deck in my house? and if so what do i need to do it

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 1410
I don't know why you would want to do that but it is possible. You'll need 12v power supply with a current rating of the amp's fuse sizes. For example, if your amp has 2 30A fuses, then you'll need 60A 12v power supply. If you can't get that sized power supply then you won't be able to turn up the volume too high.

Counterbond
Unregistered guest
so i have everything set up with my amp, powersupply, and all the goods, and now i wanna hook it all up to my sound card. Is there anything i can do to get Low frequencies out of my sound card, almost like a low pass filter?? i bought a brand new soundcard, and i dont think that i need it now, cuz i though the subwoofer out would be well..subwoofer out, but its not its something weird i dont know what to do, i think im going to return my sound card, cuz i have on board 6 channel audio from soundmax, and ugh...what to do..

Gold Member

Post Number: 1444
If you have 6 channel sound card on your motherboard, then use that. One of them should be for the sub. It's 5 channels plus a sub, which equals to 6 channels on the computer.
Most sound cards now support 5.1 surround (6 channels). So if the card you bought doesn't have a sub out, then return it.
Check the software that came with your motherboard. It should be able to control the front, rear, centre, and sub channels.

counterbond
Unregistered guest
well this is what im begining to think...all these sound cards dont have a specific output for each channel, they front channel, rear channel, and center channel. Also they have front, rear/subwoofer, and center. and well, i may be wrong, but i think on all 5.1 speaker systems, you run a cord for the front rear, sub, and center, all to something on the surround sound setup. and well i think the surround sound has something that sends certain frequencies to the subwoofer...i have it setup right now where, my amplifier is hooked up to the front channel (for some reason, its louder on the front than it is for the rear.) and i have my boombox, going to the rear channel. I have 2 8' subs on my boombox, and two tens by my bed..its funny, i have more subs than i do midrange speakers. but i think what i plan on doing is just getting an amp with a built in lpf, and then just keeping my setup as it is. i think im gonna take the sound card back to, after i test to see if i can get the same quality out of my onboard first. any opinions, ideas, complaints, comments, suggestions, donations, girls phone numbers...email me at counterbond@tds.net

Gold Member

Post Number: 1447
Feel free to donate girls' phone numbers with us. As for your sound setup, if your motherboard really has 6 channels, then one of them is for the sub. You don't need another amp with lpf cause the sound card will only pass low bass to that channel.
The reason why it sounds louder with front channels is cause that's how the surround sounds work. Rear is for echo/background sounds. Centre is for voices usually, and the sub is for bass.
Check your system carefully. If not, you can always get a sound card that's 5.1 dolby/dts ready. Those cards have front/rear/centre and sub preouts.

c-2da-bond
Unregistered guest
mine is dude..check out best buy or newegg, or pricewatch, and actually look at some of the sound cards, they have it so that the green turns into front channel, the mic turns into center channel, and the blue turns into rear...its weird

Gold Member

Post Number: 1473
Where is the sub channel then?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us