Keep blowing fuse

whoyawhit
Unregistered guest
I keep blowing my main fuse on my power wire. i have an 1100 rms amp. my power wire is not grounding on anything i have a solid ground on the amp. anyone have some suggestions. would a cap help?

Silver Member
Username: James1115

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 380
what size is the fuse you keep blowing and what kind of amp. The reason I ask the make of the amp is because some 1100 watt amps will draw 90 amps or even 100 amps and some might draw 40 if 1100 watts is their max output not RMS!

whoyawhit
Unregistered guest
Its a 60 amp 32 volt fuse. the amp itself is an earthquake not sure of the model

Silver Member

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 382
what is the fuse rating on the amp itself. Chances are you are drawing too much current.60 amps is not enough for a true 1100 watts rms amp. What size power wire do you have? 4 guage?

whoyawhit
Unregistered guest
not sure about the fuse rating, but i had the same size fuse in my other car and had no problem. I am useing 4 quage for power and ground. this is in an 02 civic, came out of an 01 camaro.

Silver Member

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 385
well maybe your alternator is delivering more current allowing the amp to rech full potential which would draw more current through your power wire causing your fuse to blow. 60 amp fuse is not big enough for true 1100 watt rms.

whoyawhit
Unregistered guest
what amp fuse should i use? I also have a 4 channel i will be installing will i need a larger fuse when i get that in. i beleave the 4 channel is 1400 watt

Silver Member

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 387
dude first I hope you get a new alternator if you are going to be running 2500 watts. yes you are going to need a much larger fuse and a larger power wire as well. To get amps you do # of watts divided by 12. So if you come up with 150 then thats the size fuse you ned got it? Just curious what kind of amp are you planning on putting in your car and what kind of speakers do you have that you need 1400 watts for?

whoyawhit
Unregistered guest
the other amp is also an earthquake I dont have the speakers yet. in the market any suggestions? i dont really want componets cuz i dont want cut holes for tweets. would a capacitor help, with my current issue?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us