Is this bad for my amp?

Username: Kumanan

Post Number: 6
pic below..
If i hook up an infinity 300 rms to the first two pins.. and a pioneer to the last two pins... is it BAD for the amp ?... and whats the power going into each sub? My amp does 1000 RMS at 2 ohms bridged.Upload

Silver Member
Username: Lbeckner

Tulsa, Ok Usa

Post Number: 209
how many ohms are your speakers? it doesn't really matter cause from what i see in the pic the amp can handle it. dont know if the speakers can handle it or not cause i don't know what amp you have.

Post Number: 7
My amp is a ClarionDPX1001.1 1000 RMS at 2 ohms bridged. My subs are 4 OHMS. Can i hook up a infinity to the first two pins and hook up 2 Pioneers to the last two pins?.. is that bad for the amp ?

Silver Member
Username: Lbeckner

Tulsa, Ok Usa

Post Number: 215
are you sure that this amp is bridgeable? the clarion website doesn't give any specs, but it looks like its a monoblock amp. which means its only one channel. if this is the case then you don't want to go below 2 ohms.

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 1168
The answer is yes. According to your picture, you'll still be within the min ohm requirement for each speaker terminal.
BTW, that amp is 1 channel.

Post Number: 8
so if i hook up 2 pioneers to the right terminal which is 140 rms each.. and 1 infinity to the left terminals... it will run fine? amp wont die on me ?

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 1180
An amp won't die unless you exceed their ohm requirements. And from your picture post, it clearly states that each channel can handle 1ohm, and 2ohms bridged. Since it's a mono amp, it looks like the amp has those 2 channels wired in series so that the end result is 2ohms.

Bronze Member
Username: Byrumjr

Post Number: 25
I looked around and could not find the Clarion DPX1001.1 1000 RMS at 2 ohms bridged. All my searches came up with Clarion DPX1001.2 1000 RMS at 2 ohms bridged. This is a two channel amp. It could be your amp or it should be close to your amp.

The Clarion DPX 1001.2 pushes maximum power into a Mono 2-Ohm Load.
Typical Bridged Power 1kHz 1000W @ 1.0% THD
Stereo, Mono, or Summed (L + R) Mono Input Selector
RMS
Continuous Average Power Output 300W
150W x 2 into 4 Ohms 20Hz-20kHz @0.05% THD)
Typical 2-Ohm Stereo 300W x 2 @ 0.5% THD
Typical 1-Ohm Stereo 500W x 2 @ 0.8% THD

You have 3 sub @4ohms. You can hook up a infinity to the first two pins and hook up 2 Pioneers to the last two pins or the other way it does not matter you'll still be within the min ohms requirement for each speaker terminal.

Now the side you hook the 2 subs to will need to be wired in Parallel so the amp will see a 2ohms load and push more watts but the watts will be split between the two sub. This should give you 300 watts or 150 to each sub. The other channel with one sub will be @ 4ohms so 150W @ 4ohms. All three sub will get 150 RMS each.

Post Number: 9
k. sorry i just went out and bought a mtx thunder7500. 400 rms. My infinity is 300 RMS.... the mtx is Dual 4 ohm voice coil and the infinity is single 4 ohm voice coil... How do i hook them up??...

Bronze Member
Username: Byrumjr

Post Number: 28
You can hook each voice coil in the mtx thunder7500 Dual 4ohm up to each channel and get 150 Watts to each voice coil @ 4ohms. This will give you 300 watts to the one sub.

You can hook the mtx thunder7500 Dual 4ohm voice coil wired @ 2ohms up to one channel of the amp. This will give you 300 watts to the one sub. But wired this way you free up a channel. Hook the other infinity sub to the other channel, it will be @ 4ohms and get 150 watts. Total 450 watts you'll still be within the min ohm requirement for each speaker terminal. The only thing I see wrong with this. The mtx thunder7500 sub will be louder than the infinity sub. You might have to play with your gain control to make it sound right.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us