Most Powerful Amp at around 400-550$$

Bronze Member
Username: Alpineblaster

Post Number: 40
any ideas

Anonymous

A used one. You can pick up some high powered amps from people changing out their competition systems.

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 7369
generally the more power you want per dollar, the "cheaper" the amplifier is going to end up.
you'll probably wind up with some pyramid 6000 watt amp.

Username: Nnnnick_b

Post Number: 7
u could prob get a kicker kx1200.1 for around 550$ on ebay.

Bronze Member
Username: Ahmer

Hyderabad, Sindh Pakistan

Post Number: 36
Good Quality of an Amplifier makes a great deference and produce an impressive sound.Just More Watts never makes an amplifier successful.check for such AMP brands those are at the top in users rated list.

Bronze Member
Username: Themax96se

USA

Post Number: 49
haha pyramid 6000, if they make it, it probably pushes as much a good 500 JL amp.

Silver Member
Username: Lbeckner

Tulsa, Ok Usa

Post Number: 191
doubt it would even do that

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 1126
That was a good one glass.
I think lot of people get confused with power rating. A good quality amp that's 200W rms WILL sound louder and better compared to a cheap amp that's 300 - 400 W rms. In theory it doesn't make sense, but in reality, it does cause amps aren't made the same way. There are lot of factors involved in producing quality sound. Cheap amps tend to not list or emphise on useless numbers like "2000W PEAK", and .05 THD @ min power.
As for your question for the best possible amp around $550, I'd go with Zapco, Orion, PPI, RF (T series), Kicker,JL, JBL, and Audiobahn HCT series.
I don't know how some people can crank up 2000W of power when my 18" sub with 200W rms pounds the crap out of the car chassie and mirrors. If I ever put 500W rms, I think my muffler would fall off along with few others.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us