Amp q: impedance

Username: Jonny_987

Post Number: 8
ok, i'v stuffed up and gotten 4ohm speakers and a 4-ohm DVC sub which means its impedance will be 2ohm (parallel) or 8ohm (series). I wanted to run them off the same amp for now until i could afford another amp for sub and rear speakers. Is there anyway I could do this effectively? Would the JBL GTO 75.4 be able to do the job (the amp i'm looking at)? Is it possible to connect my front speakers in stereo @ 4ohm and bridge the other 2ch in mono @ 2ohm?

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 7154
look at a 5 channel amp as a single solution.

Post Number: 9
any particular models you've got in mind. I'm basically limitted to ebay, JB Hi-fi and strathfield to get my stuff cuz i live in australia and don't kno where else to get it. I don't have a huge budget, but i suppose i could justify spending $600-$700AU on an amp if it means i don't hafta get 2. My speakers (infinity reference 6000cs) are rated at 90W RMS (4ohms) and my sub (infinity reference 1232W) 300W RMS (2ohms or 8ohms). I don't really want to underpower this system.

I could maybe order online from an american store, but usually only prices offered on ebay come within my budget when considering shipping etc.

Post Number: 10
also, even with a 5ch amp, do i stil have the problem of the speakers being 4ohm and the sub being 2ohm?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us