Wiring diagram?

Username: Yoy0master

Post Number: 9
I need a diagram that shows me how subs and amp should be wired up , like i know you run 4 or 8 awg wire from the battery to power your amp (with a fuse in between) but i just need either a diagram or for someone to explain what awg wire (for a 15" diamond CM3 15d2 and a jbl BP600.1 amp) Thanks guys this is all I need an my system will be in!

Andrew (you can email me at yoy0master@hotmail.com)

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 6955
go to www.knukonceptz.com
order the 4awg amp wiring kit.
it has everything you need, and 4ga is good for the 600.1.

you'll put the in-line fuse holder about 18-24" from the battery, under the hood.
find a gromet in the firewall and push the 4ga through that. (this is one of the hardest parts to do in some cars with tight engine fits, but look for where the main wiring goes through or the steering column as a last resort.)

run the power lines separate from the RCA cables. not parallel and together, to avoid noise/FRI/EMI problems. ground the amp within 24" of the mounting location to bare chassis metal for the best ground point using the supplied ground cable (different color 4ga.)
try to put the RCAs and 4ga under carpet and trim molding to hide it until you want it exposed at the amplifier. this will give a professional look to the job.

mount the amp somewhere secure, where it gets decent air flow for cooling. I generally don't suggest mounting the amp to the sub box if it can be avoided.

Username: Yoy0master

Post Number: 10
thanks
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us